Chapter 16: Figuring It Out.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining

"Matthew!" she giggled throwing herself into his arms. "The whole point of a library is to be quiet y'know." he said receiving a glare, but her eyes lit up when she saw his smile.

Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying

They were eating sushi again, Y/n blabbering about how she was having a bad hair day but Matthew liked it. It fell perfectly over her face and she would huff cutely moving it out of the way.

She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know
When I compliment her she won't believe me

"Am I pretty?" Matthew sighed closing his computer to give her an annoyed look. Today she was being more insecure then usual. "You're really pretty.." a deep blush filled her face, "When you're not talking." she kicked him.

And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"

"Hey boyfriend! how do I look?" she spins showing the tired boy her outfit. Y/n had dragged him to the mall that day, she wore a skirt with a sweater.

Matthew had felt his face heat up but ignored it looking away. "It looks..fine."

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while

"Just..fine?" he finally looks up at her sad face, "You look pretty, can we go get food now?" her smile made the long walk worth it.

'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah
Her lips, her lips,

Y/n had a habit of biting her lip. Matthew often caught himself staring at her and felt shame for thinking like that, it wasn't like he thought she was sexy, He was just dirty minded.

Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think it's so sexy

He enjoyed her laugh. Y/n had admitted that she wished she had a cute laugh but he already thought she did. Matthew liked her giggles and snorts. Not that he would admit it..

She's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday

Matthew could tell she was having a bad day today. Y/n couldn't focus, she kept spacing off and wouldn't talk unless she needed help.

Since she had always made him smile when he was having a bad day he wanted to return the favor.

"You look good today." Immediately she ducked her face but it didn't stop him from seeing it. "Your face looks like a tomato." he smirked.

"Sh-Shut up!"

Oh, you know, you know
You know I'd never ask you to change

"..it was my fault she bullied me, I was a nerd that looked up to her. I wanted to be just like her."

She lets out a breathy laugh, "Shit, I still do."

I don't want you to be like her, he had thought.

If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same

Now, Matthew couldn't deny it any longer. Y/n had always been perfect. From her stupid jokes to her beautiful flaws.

'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are..

A/N: Remember that all of you are beautiful, drink your water kids.