Chapter 14: Are You Jealous?

His chest is warm, his hand on my stomach burns my skin, and his breathing is heavy on my neck.

To say i'm panicking is an understatement. I'm late for school and his arms feel so strong pulling me towards him.

Whats wrong with me? I pushed him away just to be back in his arms. I'm an idiot.

My phone rings loudly and I reach for it as Matthew stirs.

"Hello?"

"Y/n is that you?" my breath catches.

"..Alex?"

I can hear his smile through the phone, "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm okay.. h-how are you?" I sit up quickly completely waking Matthew up.

There's a pretty blush that spreads across his cheeks as he scrambles away from me. I nod when he points to the door signaling he's leaving.

"I'm doing great. I'm currently in town, visiting a friend, but.. I wanted to see you."

I pause thinking it over. I must've taken to long cause I can hear him panic. "I mean- If thats okay with you?"

I stay silent. "I know I hurt you, and I'm so, so sorry.."

"..You hurt me the least." I smile. "What time?"

Matthews POV:
What the fuck!?

When did I get under the covers!? and why.. why was my heart beating so damn fast?

I splash cold water on my burning face and stare at myself in the mirror. "Your a fucking idiot, Matthew."

My body finally calms and I open the door, walking back to my room. As soon as my eyes lay on her I stop breathing.

The blankets fall over her waist, and her hairs a mess as she laughed over the phone.

"Alright, I love you too. bye!" Y/n smiles hanging up. Then her eyes meet mine and I lose my voice. "Are you okay? You're really red."

"I'm- uh.." I try leaning on my desk casually but end up making a mess instead "I'm fine."

She watches the objects tumble to the ground with a confused smile. "Okay? Well I'm not going to school. I'm meeting someone."

Ba-dump!

"Is it.. like..a date?" not that I care but—

"Are you jealous?" she teases. Ba-dump! Ba-dump!

I open my mouth to say something but she beats me to it, "Kidding." she smiles throwing on her jacket. "It's not a date, he's my brother."

"Oh! haha.. that makes sense."

"Thanks.. for everything!" Y/n awkwardly pats me on the back before running down the stairs. Just as she's about to open the door she pauses.

"Hey.. do you want to come?" For some dumb reason, I wanted to be near her a little longer.

We stop by her apartment first. "just sit on the couch, there's drinks in the fridge if you want some! I'll be ready in ten minutes."

"Hey, Y/n!" I yell grabbing a soda from her fridge. "Yeah!?" she yells back. "What the hell happened in your kitchen!?"

"OH! HAHA I TRIED BAKING!"

I roll my eyes, of course she did. Y/n moves in front of me to clean the mess.

My eyes sinfully travel down her body, she was wearing a tight shirt and jeans that highlighted all her curves. I look away with a red face.

pervert.

"I was going to clean it but then you called me. So.."

"Well, thanks for putting me first." I snort and she playfully pushes me, "Shut up! They made it look easy."

We arrive at a restaurant and I can tell she's nervous by the way she's chewing on her lip.

"Hey," I push my shoulder against her gently, "It'll be fine." she nods. "Yeah.."

"Alex, this is Matthew. Matthew, this is Alex." he smirks. "You actually had the patience to date her?"

I feel my ears turn red as I shake his hand and Y/n kicks him. "He's my friend, order your food."

Turns out they were like twins, loud, stupid and hilarious.

As i'm talking to them I hear a gasp and turn my attention towards a familiar blonde. "Matthew!"

"Ashley..?"

"What the hell do you want?" Y/n isn't glaring, she could kill with those eyes. Ashley glares back. "I wasn't talking to you."

"Nobody was talking to you either."

"How's your mom?" She laughs. "Is she even alive? or did her drinking finally kill her?"

Y/n stands abruptly glancing at Alex. They seem to come to an agreement and she pulls her into a ponytail. "Oh i've been dying to do this.."

oh shit.