Epilogue

Author's note:

I genuinely didn't believe I would EVER get this far with my writing and honestly, I am so incredibly happy. Thank you so much-

I wrote this right after nearly a year without writing, so it wasn't written very well at all.

I've gotten a lot of really nice people supporting me, so I've decided to write another fic which will be quite a bit more detailed and lengthy. (I will include more about that at the end of this chapter.)

I wasn't sure I was going to write an epilogue, but it is definitely deserved- lmao.

(Ps. I'm gonna add this now so people don't keep thinking otherwise: they aren't getting married- they're going to prom! Lol)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George stared at his reflection in the mirror, moving a shaky hand up to straighten his tie once again. His hair was slicked back and a smile was plastered on his face. Sighing worriedly, he turn around, stepping towards his mother who stood with open arms behind him.

"You look more than handsome, George," She assured him, tears collecting in her eyes. George offered his mother a toothless grin and returned the hug he was now wrapped in.

"Mum, you don't have to cry. It really isn't that big of a deal," He pulled away from his mother, now standing in front of her with his hands folded in front of him, nervously.

"Please, we both know that isn't true," They both let out a laugh, opting to take care of things around the house instead of standing in silence until Dream arrived.

Prom had come around quite quickly, startling George as he was still attempting to get used to his new relationship. Although he was excited about being with Dream, he wasn't exactly great at any of the "cute coupley stuff" as Sapnap would put it.

Dream was patient, however. He never overstepped boundaries and always made sure George was comfortable before doing anything, which included simple acts such as holding hands in public; he was perfect.

George stood in the living room, blushing, as his family scurried around him, snapping photos and throwing words of encouragement at him. Dream would arrive at any moment and although he was excited, nervous would be an understatement.

The doorbell rang, letting everyone in the house know that someone had arrived. George swallowed as his mum rushed for the door, opening it excitedly. Just in front of her, George could see his boyfriend standing there, holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

George was able to recognize the flowers as tulips, just like the ones Dream had shown him on the roof what felt like ages ago. He smiled proudly, approaching his boyfriend with open arms.

They hugged one another while George's family gushed behind him. After deciding he had been hugging Dream for long enough, he stepped back, scanning every inch of the perfect man standing before him.

"I brought you flowers," Dream blushed, bringing his hand to the back of his neck.

"I see that. I'll go put them in a glass of water," George took the beautiful tulips, but not before kissing his boyfriend on the cheek as a thank you. He giggled, watching his families awed expressions form.

-

"Are you two ready? Are you sure you have everything, George?" His mum's worried expression made him laugh and he nodded, assuring her he would be fine.

"Be safe," George turned around to see his younger sister in the hallway, her hand still gripping the banister, "I don't need my brother to die on his prom night," She giggled.