Chapter Four

I must admit- I didn't think people would actually read this...

Thanks ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream walked fast and George barely managed to keep up, even though Dream had assured him that he was walking at a normal pace. The hallways were still only partially lit and nearly completely empty other than a few teachers who waved at the two as they passed.

When they arrived, Sapnap was tucked into the corner of the computer lab with three computers up and running.

"What took you guys so long?" Sapnap then smirked, "Making out in the bathrooms again?"

"WHAT?!?"
"AGAIN?!?"

George and Dream both yelled over one another while Sapnap only laughed.

"Quiet down!" A teacher was sat in place of Mr. Hallman, probably a substitute. She looked almost sickly with her pale, wrinkled skin and loose clothing.

"Sorry," George quickly answered with a smile while Dream ignored her and sat himself in the seat to the left of Sapnap.

Following suit, George placed himself in front of a computer to the left of Dream, watching the screen light up again after it had gone dark. Sapnap must've been waiting for some time.

The morning was spent like any other morning with the majority of the time being spent messing around rather than actually playing the game.

A bell rang and they all dispersed, Dream unexpectedly trailing behind George towards the library.

"What are you doing?" George turned back towards the boy following him, clearly confused.

"I wanted to go to the library with you,"

"As if that much wasn't obvious. I wanted to know WHY you wanted to come with me," Dream rolled his eyes before answering.

"I wanted to spend some more time with you,"

"First of all, we are currently living under the same roof. Second of all, you normally use this time to spend some free time with Sapnap. What happened there?" They had finally made it to the library and George started walking towards the front desk where a note sat in place of the librarian.

"Well, I thought I'd spend this morning with you," He nudged the shorter, which pushed him to the side a few steps.

George stepped back towards the note and read it to himself.

'I'm assuming you will see this, George. I had an appointment this morning, so I won't be in today. I don't need anything done either, so you can get to class early if you want!'

"Guess we have to hang out somewhere else, then," Dream had his chin on George's shoulder and had been reading the note from behind him.

"Yeah, or we can just get to class early," George reasoned, shrugging as best he could with the weight of a head on his shoulder.

"No. That's boring," Dream backed up and stood for a moment as if in thought, "I have the perfect spot,"

George was then pulled out the door and into the hall, barely being given enough time to pick up his bag on the way out.

They were nearly all the way across the school when they came to a stop outside of a door marked 'Employees Only'.

As if to protest, George put a finger up, but Dream pulled him into the room anyway. There were steel stairs and a bright blue railing. The room was small, barely fitting the two of them. This didn't seem to be a problem though, as Dream began pulling George up towards the door at the top.

A door was opened and a bright light threatened to blind George as he shielded his eyes.

"The roof?" George looked around, confused.

"Obviously..." They both looked down at their intertwined fingers at the same time, but neither made a move to let go.

'Normal friends hold hands,' George convinced himself.

There wasn't much speaking between the two as they made their way towards a set of wooden boxes. Upon moving closer, George recognized the boxes as planters that housed beautiful flowers and a few assorted vegetables.

Dream finally let go of the latter's hand so he could use both to remove a few flowers from their stems.

"It's a tulip," George finally looked away from the sky and towards the boy squatting next to him. There was a small, presumably red flower in his hand and he seemed to be offering it to George with a bright smile.

George accepted the flower and twirled it in his hands with a slight laugh. It was beautiful whether he could see its true color or not.

The pleased look on his friend's face made him blush, but he managed to hide it fairly well when Dream wrapped him in a hug.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay with you," Dream murmured. It was barely audible, seeing as his face was practically buried in George's hair, but George managed to pick it up.

Eventually breaking free from his friend's tight grasp, George looked up to make eye contact with Dream.

"If you don't mind me asking," There was a pause in his words, as if he didn't want to finish his sentence. A reassuring smile from Dream made him continue. "What made you leave?"

Dream's smile seemed to disappear as he shifted his gaze up towards the clouds which had grown darker, now threatening rain.

"You don't have to answer. I just-" George's sentence went unfinished as Dream interrupted.

"I came out,"

The sentence was rushed and it seemed there was a strain in his voice as he spoke. George wanted nothing more than to wrap Dream in a hug, so that's exactly what he did.

They sat on the roof of their high school, gripping one another as if their lives depended on it.

The sound of crying broke the silence and George finally took notice of the tears soaking through his hoodie and onto his exposed skin beneath.

Dream was crying.

His best friend who never got worked up over anything.

The same friend who was so much stronger than him.

He was crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:'(

Not sure how much I actually like this chapter but it's a nice, fluffy filler chapter. <3

Word Count: 975