14

Josie goes and sits next to Remus, rubbing his back reassuringly. The action makes Sirius fume even more.

"Josie and I aren't dating-" Remus begins to explain,

"But I saw you two!" Sirius yells, earning a glare from the angry girl. He wisely chooses to shut up. Remus takes another deep breath,

"I'm a werewolf," Remus says slowly as Josie squeezes his hand, "Josie has been helping me after the transformations."

After scanning both Josie and Remus' expressions, both boys for the first time in their lives were speechless. James was the first to break the silence,

"Not dating," James says slowly,

"Nope," Josie and Remus reply,

"A werewolf."

"Correct"

"That must suck," Sirius finally speaks up,

"Um, y-yeah it does," Remus stutters nervously before adding, "If you guys think I'm some sort of monster or don't want to associate with me anymore I completely underst-"

"Woah Woah Woah," James interrupts,

"Why in Merlin would we believe that?" Sirius asks incredulously. 

They discuss the matter some more but the conversation consists mostly of how he became a werewolf. He told the heartbreaking story of how he was attacked as a young boy by Fenrir Greyback. Apparently, it was Greyback's way of getting revenge for something Remus' father did.

Remus smiles, "So you guys are ok?"

"Of course, we love you no matter what bro. And I'm just glad you didn't steal our precious Josie," Sirius grins and Josie tackles him into a hug and he sighs in relief before awkwardly apologising to both her and Remus for the 'accusations n stuff'.

"Aw was someone jealous?" James teases,  instantly ducking the two cushions launched towards his head.

The marauders continue to talk and laugh like nothing happened until Josie remembers a certain bet and lets out a shriek of excitement that startled the boys incredibly. 

"Remmy..." she smirks mischievously her hair a vibrant blue, "I seem to recall a particular bet we made last year."

Remus' amused expression morphs into one of horror and he hides his face behind his hands.

"I'm gonna go choose the perfect dress!" she squeals excitedly running off to her dorm, leaving Remus to explain to the confused boys.

"Girls," Josie calls out in a sing-song voice waltzing into the dorm. Lilly, Marlene and Alice's heads turn her way.

"I have us a job that you're gonna like," she smirks, "Mr. Lupin has lost a bet of some sort and we have to find the perfect dress for him."

"How did you find this?" Alice asks looking around the tunnel in awe. 

"Peeves?" Lilly guesses.

"Peeves," Josie confirms with a grin.

The girls were currently in a secret tunnel leading to Hogsmeade. Josie had skipped lunch to tell her new friend Peeves all about her bet with Remus (minus the werewolf stuff of course) and Peeves was delighted. In fact, he showed her how to access a secret passageway so they could go buy the perfect dress from Hogsmeade since students were not permitted to go until their third year and the six-foot-tall boy may have some trouble fitting into one of their dresses.

After being kicked out of one of the shops for messing around with the expensive dresses, the girls decided on an ankle-length dress sporting the infamous Gryffindor colours.

Their friends had been ordered to wait in the common room before breakfast and were excitedly waiting for the grand reveal.

"Do I have to do this?" Remus grumbles as Josie drags him down the stairs of the boys' dorm. 

"Yes!" Josie exclaims, "A bet is a bet. Now don't be a chicken and go flaunt your sexy new look."

Remus sighs and braces himself before reluctantly stepping into view of the small crowd in the common room. Deafening howls of laughter erupt and he trudges to the exit.

"Let's get this over with."

The day was filled with laughter and people teasing the boy. By the end of the day, the marauders were exhausted and sprawled across the couches in the common room, the only light source being the flickering flames emitted from the fireplace. Sirius was sitting on the ground in between Josie's legs while she platted his soft black hair. 

A few hours passed, and soon it was just them in the common room. The group fall into a comfortable silence, Josie decides to morph into a cat which was quickly becoming a frequent habit since she found it to be much more comfortable. That didn't mean the group were used to it. While they found it fascinating, anyone that saw her transform would be startled and some students would beg her to show them some kind of trick, to which she used many different creative variations of 'piss off' such as 'please find somewhere else to exist'.

Sirius ended up scooping up the sleeping cat as the boys made their way up to their dorm, the cat purred as she snuggled up to his chest, relishing in his warmth and letting out a small purr. Sirius chuckles before gently placing the cat on the spare bed next to his.

As interesting as classes at Hogwarts were, Josie loved the weekends. Today she had decided to spend the Sunday afternoon with Hagrid, helping to take care of his animals. Excitingly, his Hippogriff Doris had recently given birth.

"Do you have a name for this little guy yet?" she asks the large man, letting the baby Hippogriff nip at her fingertips affectionately.

"Nah not yet," he replies while filling the kettle at the sink, he turns around to see the baby Hippogriff playing around with the giggling girl.

"Wow," he says with his eyebrows raised in surprise, "he really likes you."

"Aw, well I like this little guy too," she replies, tickling at his feathers. 

"Ya know, you should name him," he says, handing a cup of tea to the girl.

She smiles, taking some time to think about it and analysing the baby in front of her. Particularly noticing the curved beak.

"Buckbeak."

"Buckbeak," Hagrid repeats before grinning, "I like it."