9

"I don't care. I'm telling you, it's perfect Jakey. He'll love it," Josie exclaims as she drags her older brother into the shop. 

"Just calm down, you're hair looks like a failed chemistry experiment," Jake groans trying to restrain his energetic sibling before her bouncing around breaks anything in the shop. She successfully secures his present and pays before excitedly bounding out of the shop.

Jake proceeds to attempt to get his hyperactive sister and her 'perfect' present home safely. Once they do get home, she rushes to her room to put her present in her partially packed trunk. She couldn't wait until tomorrow.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIRI!"

"why?" a muffled complaint comes from under the covers.

"Come on we've got an hour before breakfast, open your presents!" Josie says, nudging the sleepy boy.

"Presents?"

The Marauders all attempt to sit on Siri's bed while he tears through the first package. Despite hiding it fairly well, the boy seemed emotional.

"My parents sent you these," James announces, handing Sirius a Tupperware box filled with Mrs Potter's famous homemade chocolate chip cookies along with a note wishing him a happy birthday. 

The cookies didn't last very long. Remus and James bought him a muggle radio and cassette player with a variety of rock bands. The present was great but the dorms next to them definitely wouldn't like it as much as they do.

"Here," Josie says handing Siri a blue parcel tied with string, "hope you like it."

He unties the bow and carefully opens it. It reveals a thick black leather jacket.

 It reveals a thick black leather jacket

His jaw hangs open in awe and a look of delight in his eyes.

"Merlin," he breathes, holding the jacket up to examine it.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Put it on!" James yells. Siri jumps off the bed and sprints to the full-length mirror to try it on. 

"It's perfect, thank you so much, Josie," he exclaims, running to engulf the petite girl in a hug. Her hair turns multicoloured as she lets out a suffocated laugh.

"Wow, you really can't hide anything with hair like that," Remus observes.

"Really? I wasn't aware," I reply with an eye roll.

"Nice jacket Sirius,"

Josie sits next to Sirius in the main hall as they eat their breakfast, he proudly wears the new jacket that looks amazing on him. They both turn around to see that the comment came from a blonde Hufflepuff girl with an exaggerated smile.