3

"No"
"Yes"
"No, I'm not jumping out the boat,"
"Please"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, Sirius Black,"
Josie glares at him, ignoring James and Remus laughing in the boat next to them.

"Your hair hasn't changed colour so I know you're not actually angry," Sirius says with a cheeky smile, slinging his arm over her shoulder. Josie gives him a sarcastic smile, her hair slowly becoming red.

"Uh oh, you're in trouble now," Remus laughs.

They get out the boat and join the students gathered in front of a stern-looking lady wearing a witch's hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor McGonagall. Before you join your classmates, you need to be sorted into a house."

Josie recognised her name from her Hogwarts letter, she had reread the letter at least ten times over the holidays. The girl tried to stay focused while Professor McGonagall proceeded to explain each of the houses before slipping into another room. Josie turns to the three boys,

"How do we get sorted into our houses?" she asks curiously,

"You have to fight a dragon," a voice behind her responds before the boys can.

She turns around, to see two identical ginger twins. Her hair turns green and yellow as she looks at them with wide eyes. Seconds later they simultaneously burst out laughing along with a few people around them, causing her hair to turn pink as she punches one of them in the arm.

"You assholes, you scared the shit out of me,"

"Fabian and Gideon Prewett," one of the twins introduces. Josie observes that Fabian is a little taller with more freckles.

"Josephine Harper,"

"Pretty name," Fabian comments,

"For a pretty girl," Gideon finishes, making her blush. 

"Woah, easy there!" Sirius says stepping forward and putting an arm in front of Josie making her laugh.

"She's ours," James jokes, he starts to say something else only to be interrupted by the same blonde boy Josie met in Diagon Alley,

"Sirius, what would your family think of you mingling with these people?" he asks with a snarl. Sirius simply ignores him, rolling his eyes. Josie wonders how they know each other and makes a mental note to ask him about it later.

The doors open to reveal a gigantic hall. Everything about the room was incredible. Four long oak tables filled with students of the above years led up to a teacher's table, the ceiling somehow looked like a beautiful night sky, and candles floated above them. After taking it all in, Josie spots Dumbledore at the front who gives her a wink before standing up to give a short speech.

"When I call your name you shall come forth and I will place the sorting hat on your head," McGonagall announces. Josie looks at the stool next to the professor to see a large old hat, her hair turns orange as she tries to figure out how a hat can help sort them into the houses.

"Frank Longbottom," she places the hat on his head and the folds of the hat morph into a face and starts talking before loudly announcing "Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table cheers and claps as the brown-haired boy walks happily towards them.

A few more people were sorted before...

"Sirius Black," 

He starts to walk over but Josie grabs his hand stopping him,

"Good luck," she smiles, his dark brown eyes stare into her light brown ones. He snaps back into reality, smirking at her and jogging up to the stool.

The hat is on his head for quite a long time until it finally announces "Gryffindor!" the table cheers along with Josie, James and Remus while the Slytherins boo, some of them muttering to each other in surprise.