12

"You're a second-year now and still don't know your Mandrake plant from Wormwood," Professor Beery sneers at Josie, "the stupidity is astounding."

"I'm gonna level with you here Professor," Josie states monotonously, "I don't care."

Murmurs and laughs fill the classroom but she ignores them, doodling aimlessly on the front of Sirius' textbook as the boy stares at her dumbfounded.

She was feeling incredibly moody; Dumbledore had explained to her that this age is when her metamorphmagus abilities are more enhanced. At first, it seemed quite exciting, but the mood swings that came alongside kept causing issues.

After a heated argument, the professor sends her out of the classroom causing her to head straight to the room of requirement to let off some steam.

"What happened back there?" Remus asks, "That seemed very out of character."

Josie lays across the spare bed in the boys' bedroom, "I'm going through some changes," she states bluntly. 

If only she could've captured the boys' reactions...

"Uh- feminine p-problems? If you don't- uh mind me asking, I -um mean, it's not like..." James stutters the question with a look of pure discomfort across his face, meanwhile, she was too busy holding back her laughter to correct them. 

"because we'd be happy to- uh help... w-well there are certain things that- um..." Sirius tries to add shuffling his feet awkwardly. Eventually, Josie cuts him off partly out of sympathy, partly because she couldn't handle any more.

"It's not 'feminine problems' guys," she finally exclaims, "it's a metamorphmagus thing; don't worry about it." Sighs of relief and Josie's laughter fill the room.

"QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS!" Josie is woken up by rough shaking, and what sounded like Sirius talking excitedly. In the background, she could hear Remus' tired scolding which triggers a fond smile.

"She's smiling she's awake!" Sirius exclaims,

"Of course she's awake, you've practically given her whiplash" Remus exclaims,

"How did you guys even get in here?" Josie hears Lily scream. That was her cue to get up before the commotion continues. She drags herself over to the bathroom whilst grumbling about how it was a Saturday, and the things she does for these boys.

The boys stand in the girls' dorm awkwardly looking at the irritated redhead as they wait for Josie. James grins at her.

"So... wanna hang out sometime?"

"GET OUT!"

The marauders walk over to the quidditch pitch with some other Gryffindor students, Josie and Remus reluctantly listening to the other two's excited rambling and laughing at their cocky attitude. They meet the Gryffindor Quidditch captain at the field, her name is Angelica Cole, a tough 6th-year student and the team chaser. Behind her stood the other current players who had guaranteed places in the team which only made the competition tougher.

Cole clears her throat to silence the students, "Alright, we are looking for a beater, chaser and a seeker. And yes, you can try out for more than one position," she says loudly. Her expression turns serious, "Quidditch is a dangerous sport and the chances of getting hurt are high. If you cannot handle it, you can leave."

She pauses to inspect the group, "Alright, all of you! Get ready and one lap around the pitch at the sound of my whistle."

Sirius shrugs his leather jacket off and throws it at Josie; he winks at her before mounting the broom and flying off at an alarmingly quick speed. Josie sits down next to Remus on the benches and bounces her leg nervously. She was starting to feel more awake and, therefore realised how upset the boys would be if they didn't make the team. She puts on Sirius's jacket and snuggles up next to Remus as they watch the tryouts nervously.