11

Remus sits down next to the small girl, taking in the sight in front of him. Josie's hair is in a messy bun and she's aggressively writing down notes, in front of her is a large stack of books and the girl looks like the textbook definition of someone who is stressed.

"Okay, what are all the books for? And since when did you wear glasses?"

Josie doesn't even look up, she needed to stay focused since she seriously overestimated her multitasking skills.

"I'm attempting to do my homework, learn healing spells and plan a party at the same time," she says quickly, "and these glasses are for reading, I only occasionally use them."

The amused boy nods, "why?"

Josie furrows her eyebrows, "they help my vision when I read the small print... duh."

Remus rolls his eyes, "I mean why are you trying to multitask all this."

"Oh, of course. Well, I forgot about our charms homework, and I want to learn healing spells to help you with-" she lowers her voice, "you-uh...furry little problem? And I'm planning a Christmas birthday party for James and Lily."

"May I make some suggestions?" Remus asks, she nods in response, her eyes glued to a book on healing. "You do your charms homework now, do the party planning tonight with mine and Sirius's help. And we'll talk about this healing plan later."

"That's probably a good idea," she sighs, closing her book "The last time I tried to multitask I gave my whole family salmonella,"

Remus, being the good friend he is, helped her organise the books while she finished her homework. Then they walked to the Gryffindor common room together to talk.

"I don't want you getting involved with my transformations, I could never forgive myself if you got hurt," he stresses.

"I thought you'd say something like that," Josie replies calmly, "so I will only make my way to you when the full moon is gone. You know how stubborn I can be so don't even try to convince me otherwise," she warns. He reluctantly agrees, giving her a weak smile.
"I'm guessing you wouldn't be willing to break your leg so I can practise?"

"PEEVES!" Josie calls out from the staircase, "he must be here somewhere," she thinks out loud.

"You're correct," Josie hears someone cackle behind her. She turns around to see the mischievous ghost.

"How may I assist you, Miss Josephine?" He jokingly bows.

"You don't happen to know a place we can have a birthday party, do you?" She asks, "The Gryffindor common room doesn't seem ideal."

"Hm, I do indeed know the perfect place," he says slowly. Josie already knew what he was hinting at.

"-but you want something in return." 

He grins, signalling she's correct,

"Well? What would you like? You're a ghost, there's not exactly a lot I can do for you."

He thinks for a moment, "That is true... just don't forget about me again when there's a prank."

"I told you the frog thing wasn't my prank!" she exclaims, Peeves just tuts in response, frustrating the girl even more. Merlin, could this ghost be petty.

"Alright, follow me," he orders before floating off quickly. Josie runs after him.

"I don't understand, just tell me where it is, why are we just standing here?"