8

"Jojo!" Two people say in unison as they sit on either side of her,

"Fabe, Gid," she greets, laughing at the new nickname, "how are you guys?"

"Fantastic. Hypothetically, if someone put a frog in your food, how would you react?" Gideon asks, looking at her with interest.

Josie raises her eyebrows at them, they look back at her with straight faces.

"This doesn't sound just hypothetical. I'd remove their hair and stain their skin blue," she says, her face showing no sign of that being a joke. The twins look at each other with wide eyes, silently communicating through their creepy twin telepathy.

"Who do you suggest then?" Fabian finally asks,

"Definitely James," she replies without hesitation. They grin at her and she smiles back mischievously.

The marauders walk into the great hall for dinner. They look around in awe, the room is filled with Halloween decorations. Floating jack-o-lanterns hovered above them as they sat down at the table.

"So you can all come over?" James asks enthusiastically. To the boy's delight, they all confirm. They were going home for the holidays tomorrow and as excited as Josie was, she was very worried about Sirius.

"Remus, are you feeling alright?" Josie asks. The boy nods slowly but he looks very weak and pale, he is even quieter than usual.

"Just tired," he says unconvincingly,

"Are you sure?" Sirius asks, "You don't look so good. I can take you to the hospital wing if you want."

"Don't worry about it guys, I'm fine," he smiles weakly.

Their attention snaps to James as he screams and leaps up from the table. The boy knocks over his soup and it spills all across the table making the students around him complain and fuss.

"WHAT IN MERLIN'S NAME IS THAT?" He screams,

"Language Mr Potter," McGonagall orders sternly from the teacher's table.

"Jamesie! You got soup all over me," Sirius whines, however, he doesn't notice the large toad hopping onto his plate.

"Sirius..." Remus whispers to not scare the dramatic boy. His efforts achieved nothing.

The other dark-haired boy screams and leaps up, unintentionally mimicking James's reaction. Josie high-fives the Prewett twins,

"Have you guys never seen a frog before?" she asks between laughs. At this point, even the Slytherins were laughing.

"That is not a frog," James states, his voice hilariously high. Josie smirks and picks the frog up, holding it up to the boys. 

"You're crazy!" Sirius shouts stumbling backwards. He and James run away, the girl sprinting after them.

"And you promise you'll try you're best to stay safe?" Josie asks, her hair turning yellow.

"Yes, I will Josie. I'll see you soon anyway," Sirius replies sincerely, "Stop worrying, that yellow hair looks terrible on you."

 She slaps his shoulder but doesn't resist when he pulls her into a tight hug goodbye. Josie returns to her family, her brother smiling suggestively at the two of them. She rolls her eyes and punches him in the arm playfully.

"He's just a friend!" She repeated for what felt like the hundredth time that week, glaring at the amused faces of her family members, "Can we please change the subject?"