2

"Josephine Harper, get your lazy ass out of bed right now!"

Josie groans, keeping her eyes tightly shut.

"You're gonna miss the train to Hogwarts"

Her eyes shoot open when a pillow slams into the side of her face. She sits up, her multicoloured hair a mess. She narrows her eyes and chases her brother down the stairs, catching up to him in the kitchen. Josie jumps on his back accidentally making them both knock into their mother who spills the orange juice. Wide-eyed, they run out of the kitchen while their mother yells behind them, Josie finishes packing while Jake sits on her bed.

"I'm gonna miss you, Jo," he says, sadness evident in his voice,

"Miss you too, Jakey," she replies giving him a quick hug before shooing him out of the room so she could shower and change. She wasn't exactly mature but Josie had developed a sense of independence over the last couple of years that would definitely help her on this new passage of life.

She dries her hair and changes into one of her brother's old hoodies and leggings. She drags her heavy trunk down the flight of stairs causing more yelling to come from their mother. Quickly, she eats her breakfast and the family rushes off to Kings Cross station.

Josie stands in between platforms 9 and 10 with a very confused look on her face, her family also stands behind her, just as confused, but letting the small girl with comically bright orange-hair deal with this problem due to their lack of knowledge in all things magical.

"Sweetie, are you looking for the Hogwarts train?" a kind lady asks with an amused look on her face.

"Thank god. Yes, I am," Josie says, relieved.

"I just dropped my sons off, I know this may sound peculiar but you need to run through that wall right there. I'll do it with you if you would like."

She graciously thanks the lady and declines the offer. Normally she wouldn't have believed it but after the last few weeks, it wasn't that surprising that the entrance was hidden in a brick wall.

She leads her family over to the wall the lady pointed at. With the heavy trunk, it was quite difficult to run but she ran as fast as she could at the wall. To her surprise instead of a concussion, she ended up on a busy platform with a beautiful red train. She didn't have long to take in the sight before her brother crashed into her, knocking them both to the ground.

"Way to embarrass me on my first day," Josie laughs, dusting off her clothes. Her last goodbyes to her family were quite emotional but they let her go and she managed to drag her trunk onto the train before it left without her.

Josie sighed, all the compartments were full. She reluctantly walked back to one of the nearby compartments that looked like it had students her age. Opening the door, she sees three boys her age. They stare at her,

"Do you mind if I sit with you guys? All th-" she's cut off when someone bumps into her causing her to violently jolt forward and her hair and eyes to instantly turn a mixture of green and white.

"Wow!"

She looks back at the boys to see them looking at her fascinated. Finally, one of them noticed her beginning to look uncomfortable and beckoned her in.

"You can sit here by the way," a tall boy with light brown hair says. Josie notices that the compartment had overhead storage, she bites her lip wondering how the hell is she going to get her trunk up there. Thankfully, two of the boys noticed this, and after laughing at the girl they helped her.