Golden rims

[Aurora Rothschild]
[Five hours later]

I finished the bottle about two hours ago. I'm tipsy but not drunk. My boyfriend's guests started arriving thirty minutes ago and according to the sound coming through the half-open door, he's been telling them that I'm feeling under the weather so maybe I won't be joining them tonight.

Before exiting the bedroom, I brushed my teeth, slipped on my boots and did my makeup; I used a simple silver glitter eyeshadow to cover my lid, crease and brow bone then I did a classic bar eyeliner, proceeded to apply the eyeliner and neutral rose lipstick. Finally I slipped back on my round gold metal optics.

A deep sigh left my mouth before smiling without the happy emotion behind it but the guests don't need to know about my personal troubles

A deep sigh left my mouth before smiling without the happy emotion behind it but the guests don't need to know about my personal troubles. On my way to the kitchen I tried to greet everyone but there are so many people and I'm not their friend so there's no need to create unnecessary awkwardness.

My boyfriend was behind the kitchen island speaking to two women: Chiara Jones, Vice-Chancellor of the University of London, a gorgeous tall black woman who could be Naomi Campbell's twin sister and Gwen Evans who is one of my boyfriend's ex-students who is now teaching at the Uni of London.

"Good evening," I said joining their chat and the only one happy about my presence was Chiara who hugged me and pecked both of my cheeks. "You look fucking hot," I said referring to her black velvet pencil skirt, off-white pussy-bow silk blouse and black patent-leather pumps from Louboutin which we bought together two weeks ago on our monthly shopping spree.

"Thank you, darling. You look lovely as well," she winked with a glass of champagne in her right hand. "Do you know Gwen already?"

My eyes moved to the blonde in question "Yes, she just graduated and is now a teacher."

Gwen glanced at Clark who nodded and then she offered me her hand to shake it. Could they be more obvious? Clearly my boyfriend does not only have three but four lovers who have all been to this home, one that I bought for us, to start a fucking family.

"I'm Gwen Evans," she's Welsh, I can hear it in her accent. "Lovely to meet you, Mrs. Underwood."

A chuckle left my mouth "We are not married and if that day ever comes, after overcoming the present adversities, I won't change my name."

"Aurora," Clark said in a scolding tone.

"What?" My hands gathered in front of me. "Every couple has problems."

"But they're our problems," he argued.

"You want to talk about ownership? Okay, let's talk about the wine Gwen is drinking," I grinned.

My boyfriend seemed frustrated but he still looked at Gwen instead of me "I am so sorry—"

"Why are you being a twat?" Chiara inquired.