On every star

[Aurora Rothschild]

"Thank you, Rhett," I said as he placed me down on my bed.

He cleared his throat "I'm sorry for what happened, Aurora."

A deep sigh left my mouth "It was quite disappointing because I thought money wasn't what you cared about."

Rhett immediately shook his head "No, I don't care about it at all, Aurora," a frown appeared upon his face. "It was a stupid comment I made to—" he seemed frustrated with himself "each of my sisters are so successful with bright secured futures and I'm just the failed brother who teaches six-year-olds to read."

A frown appeared upon my face "You're not a failure, Rhett; teaching little kids is one of the hardest jobs in the world, and probably the one in which you can change the most lives. Have you ever thought that a baby from your class might want to be a teacher just because of you? Or that girls feel like they can grow up to be anything they want because you encourage them? The impact you make on people is what's valuable in the end—I'm not going to pretend that money isn't essential for a good quality of life and opportunities but it's not everything. I haven't worked for 99% of my fortune which is one of the major reasons why I don't like talking about it."

The man took a deep breath; I know he's beyond ashamed "It won't happen again; it was a stupid mistake on my behalf. You don't have to forgive me."

A chuckle left my mouth "Of course I forgive you, handsome, just don't ever do it again."

"I won't," he took my hands and pecked the back of them. "What do you say we play a board game or should I start lunch already?"

My lips curved into a smile "Let's play some board games and then we can make lunch together even if I'll be of no help."

We played a lot of Monopoly, like four hours of Monopoly and then decided that we were actually going to order something to eat so we could rest. Rhett put the board game away and came to sit on the bed whilst he looked through the Netflix catalog.

"Rhett?"

"Yeah?" He glanced at me over his shoulder.

I cleared my throat, trying to shake away the nervousness "Why don't you lie down beside me? I mean, we can cuddle if you want or if you're more comfortable there—"

"No, I want cuddle with you," he quickly kicked off his shoes and crawled to my side. The man wrapped his arm around me and I immediately leaned against him "Was that too far?" He asked, making me chuckle.

"No, it's perfect," my hand fell on his chest "This is lovely Rhett."

Rhett softly chuckled "This reminds me of the night of the day I helped you move," his hand was caressing my arm. "Do you remember how we just lay on the floor and fell asleep talking?"

A grin appeared on my lips as I relived it in my head "Yeah, we woke up and you were late for work. I picked you up after it and we had a lovely lunch here on this bed."

"It was a lovely time with a lovely girl," his words caused me to look up at him. "Aurora Rothschild you are incredibly beautiful," my cheeks turned hot as his right hand raised to trace my jawline with our eyes locked. "I really want to kiss you, Aurora."

"Please kiss me," I gripped his sweater to pull him closer "I've been waiting for you to kiss me."

Rhett smiled "Okay darling," he leaned down to peck my lips then pulled away to look at me, leaving me hungry for more than just a peck, teasing me with electricity.

I climbed on top of him, ignoring the stinging of my wound "That's not the kiss I needed after months of waiting."

The man chuckled, gently caressing my thighs "Then show me the kind of kiss you want, beautiful."