You made her the queen

[Aurora Rothschild]

"You don't have to do this, Aurora, truly," Rhett said as he parked the car in front of his mom's house.

A soft smile appeared on my lips as I watched his sister and mom hop off the black Range Rover "I want to, I mean, they're really nice and I think we shouldn't ruin their Christmas; you can tell them we broke up on New Year's," I said, gazing at him.

His right eyebrow arched "Are you okay with being my fake girlfriend?"

I shrugged "They seem happy, Rhett and I hadn't seen someone as excited as your mother is in a long time. If you don't want me here, I'll just make something up about having to go with my family—"

"No, no, you got me into this problem," he smiled "now you're pushing us through it."

A chuckle left my mouth "Fine but you have to carry me through the door."

"Sounds fair," Rhett hopped off the car and walked around the front of the vehicle to come get me. "Mom likes Mexican breakfasts so that's what we are having," he closed the door with his foot and made his way towards the town house.

"I love Mexican breakfasts too," I commented, looking at him with a smile. "I once spent a month traveling around Mexico and it was one of the best trips of my life; it's nothing like people say."

"I remember going there when I graduated high-school and it was so much fun, even if I barely left the hotel room."

"Why did you barely leave the hotel room?" I asked with a smile.

Rhett let out a deep sigh "Well, my friends wanted to get in trouble and I just wanted to eat good food and read a book by the ocean."

"You're so pretty and romantic," I chuckled softly. "When do you go back to work?"

"Fourth of January," he replied. "Why?"

"Well, if you want to we can go to Tulum, I know the owners of this fantastic hotel that's by the water," I said as he took me into the living room. There was a tall Christmas tree, beautifully decorated with what seemed like glass and ceramic ornaments.

The man smiled as he placed me down on a white armchair on a corner "How many planes do you have at your personal disposal?"

"Five if you don't count the ones that are part of my airline's fleet," I quickly replied. "Why?" My right eyebrow arched.

Rhett chuckled as he crossed his arms, standing up straight "Five?"

"Yes, are those too many?" My cheeks turned hot "I mean, they are, sorry, I'm out of touch with reality and it shows sometimes—"

"No, love," his words gave me a stroke. "It's not common but I'm absolutely certain you know where you stand in the world."

"In a way I do, but not in all the ways," my eyes glanced at my hands. "Anyway, just let me know if you want to go and we can all go—"

"Go where?" Katherine, Rhett's oldest sister, asked as she entered the room with Fiona who must be the one who is a year younger than him.

"Nowhere, Katherine," Rhett replied, looking over his shoulder to gaze at his sister.

"It doesn't look like you're talking about nowhere," Fiona stated with a smile. "Come on, brother, share the news."

A soft chuckle left my mouth "I was asking him if he would like to come with me to Tulum for New Year's Eve, you could all join us if you wish but Rhett doesn't seem interested in coming," I shrugged it off. "You could all come to my flat–"