Unchained

[Aurora Rothschild]

"Get out!" I pushed Clark through the kitchen and everyone seemed baffled; they all know me as a pacifist. "I don't want to ever see you again!"

"He threw the first punch!" Clark shouted.

"You've been cheating on me with four women!" I yelled as my eyes filled with tears; his strong act dropped.

"That's nonsense, darling," he told with a chuckle.

From the right pocket of my coat, I pulled out my phone and looked in my email for the voice messages he has sent to the three women I previously knew about.

Everyone in the room was giving me their full attention and then I pressed play: "Hey, princess, Aurora is out with Chiara so why don't you come over? We can have sex and you can try on the sapphire necklace I told you about. Come on, princess, I'm so horny," Clark's voice was husky.

"That's from last week," I told and before I could look for further evidence, he yanked the phone out of my hand and threw it against the kitchen's backsplash. "What the fu—" he slapped me across the face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Clark?!" One of his colleagues exclaimed.

"You fucking bitch!" I tackled him down and punched his right cheek. "You don't lay your hands on me, fucking coward!" I yelled, gripping the lapels of his jacket; the man seemed surprised and before he could do something, the front door was opened by my bodyguard, Hasan, who rushed in and carefully removed me from on top Clark.

"Are you all right?" He asked, agitated, while checking my face which was reddened by the anger and Clark's slap.

I nodded "Yeah, I'm fine. Escort Clark outside and don't ever let him into the building again."

"Are you crazy, Aurora?" he looked at me as if his claims were true.

"Quite the opposite," I said. "You have plenty of places to go to: Rachel, Claire, Tabitha, Anna and Gwen," my sight diverted to Gwen who seemed speechless. "I'm not half as dumb as he made you believe, darling."

Hasan used the radio in his watch to call for two people who grabbed Clark by his arms "You can't do this to me, Aurora!" my ex yelled as he was taken away by Blakely and Ben.

I looked at the invites of the party "I'm sorry guys but you'll understand why I would prefer to be alone," my feet took me to the coat closet where my bag is to grab my wallet and give Joe, the colleague who defended me, €2000 "you all should go somewhere and have proper fun, you deserve it after this show."

Joe took the money hesitantly "You don't have to give us money, Aurora," he told.

"This should've been a good time, you've been working so hard for the holiday party to be ruined by my failed relationship," I commented.

As they left, one by one, they told me that I was better off without Clark and that he was a jerk and that I could count on them if ever needed, which made me happy since I always go above and beyond to be kind to people and it seems like it worked.

"What about him, Aurora?" Hasan asked as he stood beside me, looking at Rhett who was boiling the kettle.

"It's okay, he can stay," my hand gently gripped his shoulder, assuring him everything is fine.