file 4

Title: You got a message!

Genre: Romance/Friendship

Summary: In the whole 17 years of my life, I've always admired him. Maybe 'admiration' is too light to describe what I feel for him--he doesn't know that though. He's always been there by my side through good and bad times. But it all changed because of a single text message.

Soundtrack: Summertime by cinnamons x evening cinema

-

Seokjin and I have always been inseparable; even when we were kids, nothing could ruin our friendship. He's always there for me as I am with him. We have been together ever since in diapers up until highschool.

He was there when I scraped my knees as I tried to ride a bicycle for the first time. I was there when we celebrated his birthday as the both of us blew his candle. We were both in each other's lives that we basically know everything about each other.

In the whole 17 years of my life, I've always admired him. Maybe 'admiration' is too light to describe what I feel for him--he doesn't know that though. He's always been there by my side through good and bad times. But it all changed because of a single text message.

Since we're best friends, we know each other's passwords--either we tell or just figure it out on our own. That's how well we know each other. So while waiting for him to finish cooking our lunch, I took his phone so I could play some games to entertain myself. I would've offered to help him in the kitchen but that guy literally kicked me out saying that it would be safer for both of them.

"Tch, that asshole. I'm not that bad in cooking. Hmp."

In the middle of the game, he suddenly got a message. So being the good friend that I am, I shrieked his name to inform him.

"JINNIE YOU GOT A MESSAGE FROM DEULLIE!!!!"

I laughed as I heard the sound of pans clanging on the floor and the curses that followed. He poked his head out of the kitchen door glaring at me, "What did he say?"

"He asked if he could copy some of your notes in math."

"Tell him I'll lend it to him tomorrow."

And with that he vanished into the kitchen again. I merely shrugged and did as told then went back to my game. After a few minutes of playing, I got bored so I started to ransack his phone--mostly his gallery. I snorted since most of it is filled with his selfies or food.

"Aish that guy is so vain."

I chuckled to myself and shot one picture that he looked cute in. I guess he does have a right to be vain.

I was about to bother him in the kitchen again when Sandeul sent another message.

'By the way, did you tell Byul-ah already?'

Now this caught my attention, was Jin hiding something from me? Peeking in the kitchen, I saw that he was busy doing whatever he is doing there and decided to ask Sandeul myself.

'Tell her what?'

'That you're in love with her, duh!'

His phone suddenly slipped from my hands from the shock. I looked back to see if he heard and was glad that he didn't. My shoulders jerked up as his phone got another message.

'Today's the day, right? Just go for it man!'

'It's not that I'm rushing you, but me and Ken are just getting tired of your whining about her being dense.'