file 5

Title: Little Infinities

Genre: Romance/Drama

Summary: “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Soundtrack: Moon by Kim Seokjin

-

Their first encounter was kind of tense and awkward. Both of them have been introduced by a common friend as he deemed it would be nice to have another addition to their circle.

It wasn't a matter of not liking each other but rather it was more like their personalities won't click. He was intimidated by her. She found him too stiff.

One gathering, he decided to open this up to one of their friends and all he got was a series of giggles. At first, he was confused thinking that his friend was making fun of him. But after all the teasing, he was told that she was actually pretty cool and that he should give her a chance.

And so he did.

He walked towards her and they started to have a small conversation. He came to know that she basically had the same interests as him. They could even pass as twins!

After that night, the two of them kicked off pretty well. From not liking to be in the same room with the other, to hanging out with just the two of them. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by their circle and members. They were worried that they might be getting along a little too much, and not that it's a bad thing really, but being an idol comes with certain rules.

However, if two people spend that much time together, then it’s inevitable that they’ll fall in love right?

It was very obvious that they liked each other. Everyone knew, only two people didn’t. Who? The two of them. It was frustrating everyone around them that they just want to slap their faces. They concealed their emotion when all they have to do is to tell each other how they really feel.

As time passes by, he falls deeper and deeper in love with her. His friends warned him about it, for great love comes with great pain, especially when you’re keeping it a secret. His friends saw him as an intelligent young man but when it comes to love, maybe not. He would complain when he sees her with other guys. In short, he gets jealous.

He gets hurt a lot too, but he always reminds himself that he has no right to be for there is no “them”. They weren’t together. They weren’t dating. He was just her best friend.

He wanted to hate her for always making him feel heartache but she was also the reason behind his smiles. There were thoughts that had passed through his head, like she has really no idea about his feelings for her. Like what his friends used to say, the more you love someone the more it’ll hurt. He just has to ask himself if it’s worth it, and he really thinks it is worth it. Even though he said that he'll forget about her and move on, at the end of the day her name’s still the one that comes out of his mouth.

She was his happiness.

After a few months they slowly drifted apart. No one knew when or what exactly happened. They questioned him if they broke up or the reason behind their break up. He would always look at them with a broken smile and answer, “Break up? There was never an us to begin with.”

Ever since then, he felt bitterness and sadness. He acts like he doesn’t care about him anymore. He was heartbroken.

One day she asked him out, just the two of them. It was obviously a date but he didn’t want to give any meaning to it. He kept on insisting that it was just two friends hanging out.

Moon Byulyi is your unordinary kpop idol. She continues to break gender stereotypes in the field, one of the most credited song writer of her generation, famous for her "girl crush" visuals, and she had the kindest soul anyone has ever known. She loves to prank her friends, especially on a certain bunny and of course her best friend. She’ll smile all the time especially when he’s around. She was so happy with the way she lives her life that you wouldn’t think she’s suffering from a heart disease. She was suffering from it when she debuted as a kpop idol.

Then that dreaded day come, her heart disease was getting more severe. She lost some weight but she still looked good. She smiled just the same like nothing happened.

He would always visit her, he took care of her as if he was like her personal nurse. After that, everything went well between them.

There, he realized what she has done for him. He thought she was being insensitive and selfish but he was wrong. She didn’t want him to get too attach to him than he already has been because she was sick. She didn’t intend to hurt him for not telling him how much he really means to her because she doesn’t want to make a promise he can’t fulfil.

One day, she was rushed to the hospital again; her sickness worsening. He was scared and nervous. He wanted to see her badly and he did as soon as possible.

Just a few months before she was hospitalized, he found out that she needed to go to Japan so she could finally get better. He felt happy and sad at the same time. Happy cause she’s going to get better soon, sad cause she’s going away and it’s going to take a long time. But of course he wanted what’s best for her so he agreed. He decided to give him something before she went away. He asked for his friend’s help to compose a song or what most likely his friends call it, a confession song. It contained all the things he wanted to say to her.

She stayed at the hospital for more than two weeks. They patched things up between them. Then again he was like her personal nurse. Almost every day he would visit her even if he has a hectic schedule; he always makes her his priority.

But it was getting harder and harder for him to take care of her. She became unpredictable, she often got mood swings. It hurts him to see her act differently and suffer like that. Seeing her dealing with great pain crushes his heart bit by bit. All he can do was be there to hold her hand and let her squeeze it so hard every time she was in pain.

Months and years passed, she passed away. Just the days after she was dismissed at the hospital. Everyone didn’t see it coming. They thought that she was getting better but they were wrong. Her body didn’t seem to integrate with the medication. Complications in her body caused her death.

Until now he’s still hurt even if he tries so hard to hide it. But he’s strong and sooner or later he would be able to give a true and genuine smile.

Their love story may be not one of those fairy tale stories. They didn’t have a happy ending but their love for each other was real. She existed and loved him as he did the same with her. Their love story would always be alive.

She gave him forever within a number of days.

- end -

-

Note: Okay, this shall be the last file for this month. My classes will be starting tomorrow and it will probably take me one or two months before I could update again. I hope you could all wait for me.

I just want to thank you all for supporting the stories I have posted so far. I really appreciate all the feedback you give to me. It motivates me a lot to do better hihi.

I'll be back soon! :)