Chapter 1

Happy new year! It's 2021! This is my first story on Wattpad.Hope you enjoy it. Hope this year will be better than next year.

1990...

The Triskelion, SHIELD headquaters, Washington DC. Though still being built, there were already some offices occupied by people in it. In one of these offices, a man in a grey suit with Light brown hair entered. "Mr Stark!" He said as he entered, an old Howard Stark sitting at the desk. He look up, and by the expression on his face, he was surprised. "Martin. What a surprise. You're supposed to be on the way to Cairo." Stark said, standing up. "I took a quick stop... through your chemistry lab." Martin said in his British accent, placing two vials on the desk, one slightly orange, one slightly red. 

"What is this?" Stark asked, confused. "Depends on what you think it is. If you think it's an attempt to replicate my serums, then yes. More to the point, why did I find these in the lab?" Martin answered/asked. "I let you use me and my discoveries to do your dirty work, and then you try and steal my research?" Martin added. "Martin, we both know you won't always be around, and the Lion serum is truly remarkable. We've been working on a contingency plan for a replacement if your captured or killed, or if you die. Beside, we've been thinking recently that one man with these gifts isn't enough." Stark answered.

Martin rapidly picked up the vials and placed them in his pocket, with a cold look on his face. "I've dedicated my life to these secrets, so I'll be the one to decide about replacements, not you. This latest thing kept from me makes it very Lear to me that you don't trust me.  Therefore, it is with regret that I'am compelled to tender my resignation from your organisation." Martin said. "You think resigning is gonna change this? It's not going to help our efforts." Stark said back. "You're efforts can probably continue as they are without me, Mr Stark. The decision to replicate was serum was made without my consent. Tell me, is it to do with my brother?" Martin asked. "You're brother had nothing to do with this. Martin, we need you. You and work are gifts to the world. Please." Stark said, pretty much begging. "My decision is made. And I swear, as long as I live, no one... will ever get the serums, or the mantle. Goodbye, Mr Stark." Martin said, before he turned around and exited the room.

That is the first chapter done. Hope you enjoyed it. Forgive my for my writing style, it's my first time.