Chapter 20

This is the twentieth chapter! Huh! Hope you enjoy it.

Ryan slowly regained his senses as he slower opened his eyes, seeing a wall of grey metal in front of him. For a moment, he was confused, as his bedroom didn't have a grey wall, and then he remembered the last thing remembered the night before, when he had been hit with what probably have been a drugged dart. "You're awake. Good." He heard a female's voice, and he then suddenly felt as if he was moving, looked above him where he was lying, and saw from the shape of the compartment he was in, he was probably in a van. He then moved into a keeling position from the wall right hand side wall he had been lying against. He looked left and saw two girls, one greying brown haired on the right and was facing forwards, obviously driving, while the young girl with short blonde hair, in the left seat had her head turned around and was staring directly at him.

It was Jessica, and she did not look happy to see him. "Jess?" He asked as he stared at her in surprise, before turning his head to look at Hannah. "And Hannah?" He asked. "Hey, Ryan. Long time, no see." She replied coldly. He then suddenly remembered his deal, his face suddenly showing panic all over, realising he was out of the house. "I can't be out of the house! I'm on house arrest!" He cried as he moved towards the right hand side sliding door, grabbed the door handle and tried moving it, but nothing happened. "It's locked, Ryan. And it's on a thumbprint scanner. Take a look at your ankle." Jess explained. Ryan took a deep breath before he looked down at his left ankle, where there was no tracking device, but the skin was red due to it being on for so long. He stroacked his left hand over the area slightly, before he looked back up at the two girls before him. "What the hell is this all about? Kidnapping me? For what, you make some demands? The government won't agree to anything, and would never take me for a bargaining chip. If you want me to say sorry, then I'm sorry." Ryan said slowly. Hannah then stopped the van and they both turned to face him. "The time for apologies has passed. The Army caught us completely unprepared and almost caught us a week ago. We intercepted a signal from Bath to London giving them our location." Hannah explained. "Two years, and she hasn't aged a day." Ryan thought in his head. "And you think it was from me? I had no radio or communications device with you." Ryan protested, pointing his left hand and index finger at his chest. "You were the only one in Bath who was a threaten to us. We assumed you've cracked from house arrest and was giving them information. We had to get you out." Hannah added, as she turned around and continued driving the van, Jess looking forwards again.

"I had no ideas of where you been until one of their agents told me yesterday when I asked, I swear. And am a threat?" Ryan explained then asked, tilting his head in confusion. "Look, if this it's about Leipzig, I'm sorry. They said it was a matter of international security. And Cap welcomed me aboard..." Ryan began explaining, before Jess interrupted. "Cap?" She asked him. "Yeah, it's what those who fight with him or know him call him. Look, can you take me back to Bath? You've wasted your time busting me out." Ryan answered. "Bit too late for that. We've just gone past the Lake District. We've been driving all night/morning." Hannah replied, Ryan's eyes widening from the distance they've gone. "Where are we going?" He then asked. "Scotland. Again. The second time. We're going to solve some problems there." Jess explained. "What problems?" Ryan asked curiously. "We've heard rumour of strange happenings to boaters in the Lochs and the coast of Scotland. One witness claims he saw something hit a ship, another saw a massive hole in the bottom of a boat with traces of metal in the wreak." Hannah answered, which made Ryan short numoursly, before laughing hysterically. "Are- are you telling me we're going to search for the Loch Ness Monster?!" Ryan asked as he laughed. Jess turned to look at him again, which made him stop. 

"We don't know what we'll find, but whatever it is, we see it as a possible threat to the country." She said back. "Look, guys, that's nuts, and if your thinking of dragging me into this, you're crazy." Ryan protested. "We'll take you back back to Bath just before you're 2 years deadline expires. We didn't get you out of there just to take you back a few hours later. And what's nuts and crazy is going behind our backs with Captain America!" Jess said back. "They darted me just like how you did last night! I had no choice. What was I supposed to do?" Ryan asked. "You were supposed to NOT GO WITH THEM!" Jess snapped at him, looking angrily. She then turned back to face forwards. "What's our destination, Mum?" She asked Hannah. "Loch Lomond. We'll have enough charge to get there." She answered. "Charge? Ryan asked from the back. "Battery charge. Car runs on batteries, with Solar panels on the roof. Total emission free." Hannah explained, as they carried on to Scotland.

And that's the twentieth chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment. The words of this chapter, as was the previous chapter, was inspired by "Ant Man and the Wasp" (2018). And I just came up with the Loch Ness Monster related thing and the Scotland idea. I live in England. No offence if any of you readers are Scottish, but I hate the idea of Scottish independence. I believe in the union of the UK. Even more, I hate climate change and wish that politicians will wake up and do what's rigth! Anyway, wonder what happens next? Wait and see!