Chapter 33

This is the thirty third chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

New York, 2012....

Ryan came into the alleyway in New York Banner, Rogers, Stark and Lang, in the midst of the Battle of New York. His mind then filled with the memory's of watching the aliens attacking on the news, reasoning he had come a long way. He was 13 years old on that day, that day he learned they were not alone in the universe. Their suits formed off their suits, Ryan in his red Lion Man suit. Just before they've time travelled, he'd added something to his suit: The Avengers's A symbol in permanent marker ink just below the Union Jack on his upper arms.

 Just before they've time travelled, he'd added something to his suit: The Avengers's A symbol in permanent marker ink just below the Union Jack on his upper arms

"All right, we all have our assignments. 2 Stones uptown, 1 Stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Rogers explained to the others. Suddenly they heard a roar Ryan recognised as that of the Hulk, looked out into the road to see the Hulk smash an alien Chitauri soldier by using a smashed up car, threw a tire, them stomped on the car wreak, before moving on. Ryan looked leftwards to see Banner cringe in embarrassment. "Maybe smash a few things along the way." Rogers said to him. "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Banner replied, as he walked out into the street, ripping off his shirt. He then began growling badly, before slightly smashing a car's roof, throwing a parked motorbike away, and roaring, but in an tiny, quiet and unenthusiastic way. After that, Ryan followed Banner to downtown Manhatten, to the building where they said this Doctor Strange would be. To get over the buildings, he was on Banner's back, holding on with his arms over Banner's shoulders. He let go and got down they Banner landed them on the roof. 

Banner then moved step towards a door to downstairs. "I'd be careful going that way. We've just had the floor wax." A female voice said. Ryan looked rightwards to see a bald woman in orange clothing standing nearby. Ryan and Banner moved a few feet away from the door. "Yeah, I'm looking for Doctor Strange." Banner explained. "Stephen Strange." Ryan added. "Your about 5 years too early. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about 20 blocks that way. What do you want from him?" The woman asked pointing to their right, while Ryan noticed that hanging from her neck was a golden necklace with a circle in the middle, which Stark had said was part of the Time Stone. "That, actually." Banner said, having noticed it also, as he then pointed at it. "Ah. I'm afraid not." The woman replied, the woman looking at it and then back at them. "Sorry, but I wasn't asking." Banner said, as he and Ryan started to move towards her. "Listen, ma'am. I don't know who you, but we've gone through a lot of trouble to get here to get that Infinity Stone. You have no idea who we are, and what we need that for." Ryan spoke, with an aggressive tone, as his eyes narrowed. "I know exactly who you are and why your here... Ryan Mcranson." The woman spoke, with made Ryan's eyes widen a bit, as she knew her name. "Look, it's great that you know his name. But we need that Stone, and we don't have time to debate it." Banner spoke, as they both moved closer to her. 

The woman then extended both her hands towards them, and upon touching their chests, somehow their human forms literally moved out of their bodies, appearing almost ghost or supernatural way, which then fell to the ground. Ryan looked down at his ghostly self, (noticing  he was wearing the same clothes he had before they time travelled) turning his hands front to back, then moved his left hand closer to his head, looked at his forearm, and then did the same with his right hand. He then stared at the woman with a stunned look on his face "Let's start over, shall we?" The asked rhetorically. A while later, they had explained what was going on and what they needed to do. Meanwhile, their bodies were set up against the wall in a sleeping position, Banner's with a straw hat on it, and Ryan's was lying down on a beach chair. Ryan and Banner, in were following the woman, Ryan behind Banner. "Please, please." Banner begged. "I'm sorry, I can help you two. If I give up the Time Stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own." The woman replied. "Realities? What are you talking about?" Ryan asked her, confused, as he followed her and Banner. "With all due respect, I-I'm not sure the science supports that." Banner said back as he walked in front of her. Ryan then moved past her right hand side and came on Banner's left. "English, please, ma'am." Ryan requested. The woman then held out her right arm and, moving it to their right, she then moved it leftwards, creating an orange line. "The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time." The woman explained. "Or in laymens terms, the space-time continuum." Ryan said softly, as the 6 Stones appeared, moving in a circle above the line. "Remove one of the  Stones, and that flow splits." The woman explained, as she moved one of the stones out of the circular movement, which then caused an black line to form, jutting away from the orange line. "I get it. Remove one of the Stones, and it causes the timeline to jut out, creating an alternate reality. And I'm guessing, the more Stones were take, the more splits and thus, the more alternate realities we create." Ryan thought in his head, rembering that scene from Back to the future 2, and realising this was a snag to their plan. "Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun. Millions will suffer. So tell me, Doctor, can your science prevent all that?" The woman added, though Ryan half understood what she meant. "No. But we can erase it. Because once we're done with the Stones, we can return each one to its own timeline, at the moment it was taken. So, chronologically, in that reality, it never left." Banner answered, as he placed the stone she moved back into place, which made the black line disappear. "Yeah. Plus we won't have any need for the Stones after we've done what we need to do, so, that'd probadly be the wisest thing to do." Ryan added.

The woman then turned around and walked away from them, before turning round to face them again. "But your leaving out the most important part. In order to return the Stones, you have to survive." The woman said, which left Ryan confused, as all they had to do was get the Stones, then snap their fingers, bring everyone back, then return the Stones. "We will. I will. I promise." Banner promised, stepping up to her. "I can't risk this reality based on a promise. It's the duty of the Sorcerer Supreme to protect the Time Stone." The woman spoke. "Then why they hell did Strange give it away?" Banner asked her, as Ryan came up to to Banner's side again. "What did you say?" The woman asked, confused. "Strange. He gave it away. He gave it to Thanos." Banner answered. "Willingly?" The woman asked, her voice filled with surprise. "Yes." Banner answered. "Why?" She woman asked. "We don't know! We weren't there!" Ryan answered. "He's right. I have no idea. Maybe he made a mistake." Banner added. The woman then stepped closer to Banner. "Or I did." She spoke. Ryan turned his head rightwards as she he'd her left arm up and moved her hand. A few seconds later, Ryan then suddenly found himself in his Lion body again, looked rightwards to see Banner also in his Hulk body again. He then looked at the woman as she moved her bands above the golden circle, moved them away from it, which caused it to open, revealing the Time Stone. She moved it out with her right hand, the Stone floating between 2 fingers, and held it up to Banner. "Strange is meant to be the best of us." She said. "So he must have done it for a reason." Banner said back. "I fear you might be right." She replied, before placeing the Stone in Banner's right hand. "Thank you." He said. "Thanks." Ryan added, nodding his head as the woman stepped up to Banner again, and clasped his hand with both her hands. "I'm counting on you, Bruce. We all are." The woman said. After that, they activated their time travel suit, and then shrank, and headed back to their present.

And that's the thirt third chapter done. Hope you enjoyed. By the way, I haven't seen the movie "Doctor Strange" (2016), so I don't really know much about Strange's story and about the Ancient One. Anyway, the next chapter will be out soon. Please leave a comment.