Chapter 3

This is the third chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

A few minutes later, Ryan reached his home. It was an average looking house, two floors, a drive for their car, and a white and glass front porch door which he opened. Standing in the porch, he then took of his shoes and got out his keys from his blazer pocket, unlocked the door and opened it. Stepping into the house, he put his keys into a small bowl on a small table to the right of the door. He placed his bag on the floor, walked into the kitchen and washed his hands. After that, he got a drink of water, drank it, went upstairs to his bedroom (which had a small wooden desk against the wall, had a bed opposite it, and a cupboard next to the desk) opened up his cupboard and changed into a white shirt with black trousers. After putting his clothes into a basket for used clothes, he went downstairs, into the front lounge, picked up a book from the set of shelfs against the wall, sat down on the red sofa and read his book. He few minutes, he heard the door open. 

Closing the book, he got up on his feet and walked into the hallway and saw Molly putting her bag on the floor, as she had gotten home from Junior school. She had short length blonde hair, was  7 years old, had an average body build for someone her age."Hey, Ry." She said, calling him by his nickname. "Hey, sis." Ryan said with a smile. As Molly got changed upstairs, Ryan went back to reading for a few minutes before he went back up to his room with his bag, opened it, and then sat at his desk and did his homework. A few hours later, he heard the door open. "Kids, I'm home!" They heard their mother say. "Hey, Mum." Molly and Ryan both said from where they were. "You doing your homework?" Their mother, Heather asked from the bottom of the stairs. "Yes, I am, Mum," Ryan answered, not taking his eyes off the textbook he was reading.

An hour or two later, as it started to get dark, the family sat down at the Kitchen table to have dinner: Pasta. Silence filled the room for a few minutes before Molly spoke. "How's work, Mum?" She asked. "It was fine, dear. Boss had a few guests hear to see something we've been working on. Though I'm not sure they were impressed or not." Heather answered. She had the same blonde hair as Molly, was in her late thirties, had a skinny looking body. Heather looked over a Ryan, who looked down at his food, with a depressed look. "Jack got you again?" She asked him. Ryan gave her a slight nod. "Look, son, your a nice guy, but you do have to learn to stand up for yourself. He will bully you only if you let him. You can't spend your entire life not standing up to people." Heather advised. "Uh-huh. Heard that before." Ryan mumbled. "That's because you don't listen. You have to show initiative, work hard, go down the right road. If you don't, then that makes you a bad." Heather said firmly. "Maybe one reason I don't is because I lack the family I need! You spend so much time at work that we barely see each other anymore! I have Molly, but she's not enough! I barely have time to work hard! Plus, I don't have a father to help me stand up to them! Everywhere I go, people mock me for him! For being in a car crash, not looking where he's going!" Ryan yelled before he then stood up and ran out of the room. Heather stood up for a moment, her mouth gaped slightly open. "What's the matter with him?" Molly asked, as Heather sat down. "Nothing. He just needs to calm down." Heather said.

Later that night, Ryan laid in his bed, having trouble sleeping. He could get out all the memories of him being bullied. Of course, Jack was the main bully, but a lot of people knew of his fathers death and some mocked him and insulted him for it, as well as his bad grades, making his hard life even more harder. Plus, he felt like he didn't have the love he was getting. He also wasn't feeling himseld, like he needed something. He wanted to get away from it all, the bullies, the pain, the grief. He kept turning in his sleep, thinking about things. Until then he made his decision, opened his eyes and got out of bed. He changed out of his pyjamas and put on a dark blue shirt, black zip up jumper and black trousers. He got his bag and filled it with a compass, a torch, a waterproof jacket, which he had since the family went on a camping trip to the Lake District. It had been one of the most enjoyable thing in his life so far. He tiptoed out of his room and went downstairs. He quietly opened the door and once he was out of the porch door, he then began running out of the drive on down the road. Little did he know, him running away would change his life forever.

And that's the third chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment. The next chapter will be about what happened at heathers work earlier that day. This is the longest chapter I've written on this website so far. The next chapter will be out when I find time to write it, some time next week, when, On Wednesday, Joe Biden becomes US President. Yay!