Chapter 31

Sorry about the lack of updates. As I've previously said, me and my family are currently on holiday in the Lake District. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

A few minutes later, Ryan walked outside the building, getting some air, looked downwards and leftwards at Lang, whom was sitting on a bench about to eat at Taco. They then suddenly heard some whirring sounds, the wind suddenly blowing in Ryan's face, making him hold his arms up near his face, squinting his eyes shut. He heard the sounds getting louder and then quieten down and then stop. He opened his eyes to see a large orange and grey spaceship had landed before them! His eyes and mouth widened in shock, and then his mind was blown when the ramp lowered and a blue skinned female looking alien and a creature that looked a lot like a Raccoon, but walked like a Human came down it. "Hey, Humie's. Where's big green?" The Raccoon asked, which made Ryan speechless. "So that's the Raccoon Natasha mentioned  the other day." Ryan thought in his head, but felt the shock of seeing his first aliens getting to him as he started feeling dizzy. So he turned around and went back into the building, then he heard a loud noise, stopped and turned leftwards to see War Machine/Rhodes had landed by Lang. He moved to face forwards again and went back into the building.

Things moved on quickly after that. Stark had figured out how to time travel safely and the machinery was soon being built and nearing completion. They also gathered the rest of the remaining Avengers; Barton, who now went by Ronin. And the God of thunder himself, Thor, who to Ryan's shock had gained a large amount of weight and had develop a bit of a drinking problem. Currently, Ryan was standing among some of the others as they were making white and red time travel suits. Lang was currently wearing one. "Time travel suit. Not bad." Rhodes spoke, Ryan nodding in agreement. He then saw Banner approach Lang's waist with a red vial in his hands. "Hey, hey, hey. Easy. Easy." Lang spoke to Banner urgently. "I'm being very careful." Banner said to him. "No, you're being very Hulky." Lang said back. "I'm being careful." Banner said, as Lang hold up a vial. "These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Lang explained in a anxious tone. "Scott, calm down." Rhodes spoke, gesturing with his hands to calm down. "Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do overs. Plus 2 test runs." Scott spoke, before he placed the vial into the suit, which then suddenly caused his helmet to close up and he shrank in a flash. He came back up less than a second later. "One test run. All right, I'm not ready for this." He corrected, Ryan rolled his eyes then thought Lang was shaken by what had happened to him earlier. "I'm game. I'll do it." He heard Barton's voice, then he turned around rigthwards to see Barton standing a few feet away.

A few minutes later, Barton was in the suit, getting ready.  Ryan now stood on Lang's right. "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chrono shift. Don't worry about it." Banner explained to Barton. "Wait a second. Let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know and..." Rhodes spoke before he then gestured with his hands a neck being broken. "First off, that's horrible." Banner replied. "It's Thanos." Rhodes said back. "And secondly, time doesn't work like that. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Banner explained, which still confused Ryan. "Look, if we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them, Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Lang said. "Bingo." Barton spoke. "And if we act carefully enough, we won't cause any damage in the past." Ryan added. "That's not how it works." The blue skinned alien, whom Ryan knew was called Nebula said. "What-now-who-who told you that?" Banner asked. "Star Trek, Terminator, Time Cop, Time After Time..." Rhodes answered, counting his fingers. "Quantum Leap." Lang added. "Wrinkle In Time, Somewhere In Time..." Rhodes added again. "Doctor Who, Back To The Future." Ryan added his own thing. "Hot Tub Time Machine." Lang added. "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill And Ted's Excellant Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodes continued. "Die Hard. No, that's not one." Lang muttered. "This is known." Rhodes added, Ryan nodding in agreement. "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it. If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future." Banner explicitness, thought Ryan didn't understand a word of it. "Exactly." Nebula added. Ryan stared at the wall. "So Back To The Future is a bunch of bullshit?" He heard Lang mutter.

A few minutes later, the Quantum Realm time travelling Machine was completed and Barton stood on it. Ryan held up his iPhone again, with the others (including the talking/walking Raccoon, who he now knew was called Rocket) filming it. "Camera rolling." He announced. "All right, Clint. We're going in 3...2...1." Banner announced from the control panel. A second later, Barton shrank down into the machinery. A minute or two later, Barton came back, lying on the ground on his feet. "Lila!" He shouted. Ryan kept his iPhone trained on Barton as he Romanoff, with the others behind him up the ramp. "Hey. Hey. Look at me. You okay?" Romanoff asked him, as he got up on his feet. Ryan mentally signed in relief as he saw that nothing had happened to Barton this time. "He had just become the world's first time traveller." Ryan though in his head, remembering that scene from Back To The Future. "Yeah. Yeah. It worked. It worked." Barton replied, first to Natasha then Stark, and then threw a baseball glove he had in his right hand. Ryan stopped the recording, moved his iPhone down and stared outside the window in wonder. They were going to do what nobody has ever been able to do. Travel back in time! "No one at home would believe this." Ryan thought in his head again with pride.

And that's the thirty first chapter done. Hope you enjoyed it. By the way, Rocket Raccoon is my favourite Marvel character. The next chapter will be out soon. By the way, I've started my second story: "Fantastic Four (Five) x male reader!"