Chapter 21

This is the twenty-first chapter. Hope you enjoy it. 

A few hours later...

Hannah and Jess, with their hostage Ryan, arrived at Loch Lomond in Scotland. Hannah stopped the now low on power electric van on the shore, a slightly slope leading down to the water on its right, with a steeper sloping hill to its left. Jess got out and, wearing a black jumper with jeans and trainers, walked down from the road to the water, where a small wooden rowing boat sat. In her left ear, she had a special device like a hearing aid, but it had a miniature camera. Inside the van, Ryan and Hannah look on a laptop screen. "I can't believe we're hear cause of a kids story. Monsters. Hmm. Hey, don't you think it's odd that that boat was there in that position?" Ryan said,  as he tiled his head, suspiciously. "We'll just have to wait and see." Hannah, wearing a grey jumper with black trousers, replied.

Jess kept on walking down to the boat until she reached it. She moved her upper body downwards, grabbed the boat with both hands, and began pushing it into the water, staring slightly. A second later, she'd shoved boat into the water, and carefully got on. She then looked ahead and saw what looked like a sort of wave on the lake, rapidly heading towards her. She grabbed both sides of the boat with both hands, her mouth gaping open slightly with worry. "Waves like that don't happen in lakes, don't they?" Ryan asked fearfully, seeing what Jess saw on the screen. "No, they don't." Hannah replied softly with worry. The wave came closer and closer to the boat, until it suddenly came to an abrupt halt before Jess and the boat. All of a sudden, something emerged from the water, moving up above her, drops of water dripping in huge amounts, and Jess's eyes and mouth widened as her mind processed what she was seeing.

 All of a sudden, something emerged from the water, moving up above her, drops of water dripping in huge amounts, and Jess's eyes and mouth widened as her mind processed what she was seeing

 So did Ryan and Hannah. "Blimey." Was all Hannah could say. "Mon Dieu." (My God) Ryan said in French. "She needs help!" He then cried as he scrambled around the van. Whatever it was then moved it's head down to the water just in front of Jess's boat. Upon impact, a wave swept the little boat, launching it into the air (in a loop) back to the shore, where it smashed to bits, with Jess rolling on the ground a few feet before she stopped with a groan, lying on her stomach. She moved her head up to look forwards before turning around onto her back with her upper body bent upwards, and saw when she looked rightwards back at the water where whatever it was had been, but now there was nothing, just before something struck the pebbles in front of her, making a bit of dirt fly up then fall down, loads more of these happing around her, the surrounding area around her suddenly filling with the sounds of guns firing. Someone was shooting at her! She then scrambled up onto her feet, looked right and saw a bunch of large rocks close to the water. Not thinking twice, she ran towards them as fast as her legs could carry, bullets hitting the ground and some splashing into the water, and she ducked behind the rocks.

"Jess!" Ryan cried as he ran towards the rocks, having climbed out of the van through the open right hand side door window, shots now being fired at him. Luckily, he made it down to the rocks unharmed, ducking with his back against one of the rocks, facing the water, before he then turned his head slightly left and then turned it again in just a second, surprised by what he thought was Jess.

 Luckily, he made it down to the rocks unharmed, ducking with his back against one of the rocks, facing the water, before he then turned his head slightly left and then turned it again in just a second, surprised by what he thought was Jess

"Jess?" He asked softly, though he already knew it was her. Ryan knew there was only one way she could be looking like this: she'd taken some of the Lion Serum! "Yeah, of course it's me! Now what are the heck are you doing here?" She asked in a rude way. "I saw the... the, the... the, whatever it was, and though you needed some help." Ryan said. "I don't need any help, especially from you!" She said back aggressively. He was just about to say something back at her, but suddenly his Brain then processed something: no more gun sounds, nor any sounds of them hitting the ground. Slowly and carefully, he moved his head up from out behind the rocks, and saw nothing but the van sitting where it was. He looked above the van, hopefully looking for who'd attacked them, but he saw nobody. He looked down sat at Lioness in clothes, suddenly remembered it was Jess,  realised that it would take a while for him to get used to seeing her like that. "All clear." He said to her. She got and her feet and followed him back to the van. 

Halfway there, Ryan stopped and looked back at her. "So... you're using the serum?" Ryan asked her rhetorically, as she came up besides him, staring at him. "After you betrayed us, and got locked up in your house, Mum had little choice but to agree to let me use it. And remember that I did martial arts? Well, that also made me the right person." Jess explained. "Hold on. I betrayed you? I never gave them any names." Ryan said back. "Don't you think I know that? You betrayed us by going with them, you idiot!" Jess cried back angrily, both her and Ryan staring at each other. "If you're done bickering, let's get out of here before more people start shooting at us." Hannah said through the van's open window. They both stood still for a second before they turned their bodies back toward s the van and resumed walking towards it. After they had gotten in, Hannah got the van moving again, but it was still low on power (battery charge), though the Solar panels on the top had helped give them a little more juice. "We need a place to lay low. And obviously nowhere near the Loch." She said. "What are we gonna do about... whoever shot at us?" Jess asked in a seat, holding a vial of  red Lion serum in her left hand, drank it, and De-Lionized. "I don't know." Hannah said back "What are these?" Ryan asked, making them both turn their heads around to look at him, holding a bunch of wigs, sunglasses, hats, and eoloured contact lenses. "Disguises, for whenever we have to go out in public." Jess answered. "What's the nearest city?" Ryan asked, his eyes narrowing. "Glasgow. 14 miles away. Why?" Hannah asked, having turned her head back to face the road. "We'll need these for Glasgow." Ryan spoke, gesturing with a wig. "Why?" Jess asked. "Haven't you seen the news recently? The leaders of the world's 20 most powerful economies are gathering in Glasgow in the next few days, so security in the city will be insane... wait a minute, we should go to Glasgow!" Ryan answered, his tone changing when he said the last few words. "Why?" Jess asked as she looked in the mirror and saw a grin form on Ryan's face. "Well,... I know somebody who's staying in Glasgow for a while. Or should I say somebody's ?" Ryan replied, still grinning. "No, no. No! Not those 2 buffoons! They'll just turn us in!" Jess cried, pointing her right index finger at Ryan. "No, their my friends. They'll never do that. Besides, they helped us before." Ryan said to her before looked at the mirror to see Hannah's face, who, as he could see in the mirror, nodded hesitantly in agreement.

And that's the twenty-first chapter done. Hope you enjoyed it, I think you know who those '2 buffoons' are. So, their is something going on in the Loch, and they were attacked! Quite a big twist! The next chapter will be out soon. Please leave a comment.