Chapter 25

This is the twenty fifth chapter. Something new happens in this chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

Ryan got back up on his feet, saw the train on his left heading off into the distance. He got up on his feet and turned rigthwards and headed North, his head hung in shame. He felt guilty and he should have. He had abandoned his friends in selfishness. He stopped and fell down to his knees, facing the ground. He then looked up into the sky. He wanted someone to talk to, and he remembered speaking to someone in a strange way. "I'm probably just talking to myself right now. But... if you're watching me, I need to talk to you. Mr Leonez? Master? Martin?" He begged, hoping what had happened in the Forest of Dean two years ago, which that moment of remembering it, seemed like a decade ago, would happen again. That he'd be able to speak to his Master. Suddenly a cloud above him then formed gaps in the it, forming eyes and a mouth. "Yes, Ryan?" Martin Leonez's voice asked, the mouth part moving like a real Human mouth. 

"Hey, Martin, Master. I... needed someone to talk to." Ryan said, feeling pleased and happy to be hearing his voice. "You disappoint me." Martin's voice spoke, and even though he'd been expecting to hear something like that, inside him, it hurt him emotionally, making him feel more guilt. "I know I left Hannah and Jess. I don't know why I did it, but I did. I wish I could take it back. Now that I'm out here, I don't know what to do next. And how can I go back to her after doing that?" Ryan asked. "By making it up to her. And to yourself." Martin replied. "How? How an I supposed to do that?" Ryan tilting his head. "By defeating Zahir." Martin answered. "But she has her three children and a Lizard monster from a Loch she can summon! How am I supposed to take them all down? I'm just a kid with a jacked-up furry body, and claws!" Ryan cried back. "Says the boy who defeated Scar-Mane and fought with Captain America." Martin stressed out. "That was different. I had confidence then. And, the truth is... I did what I did to impress the Captain. And he welcomed me, let me in with open arms. He accepted me... like I was... one of them. I just got carried away. And I never thought I'd end up in some high tech underwater prison." Ryan confessed sadly, looking down at the ground. "You need help. So... it is time." Martin then spoke. "Time? Time for what?" Ryan asked, looking back up at the cloud. "For you to learn about the Roar." Martin spoke. "The Roar?" Ryan asked, raising a brow.

"A few hundred yards to your right and you will find a disused quarry. Perfect place to learn." Martin's voice answered, before Ryan looked to his right and ran in that direction. He found the quarry a minute or so later, surrounded by a metal fence which he easily cut through with his claws, and walked among the rubble. He walked up to the top of a slope and looked over the site, before looking upwards to see the gaps in the cloud above him. "Now, Ryan, it is time for you to know. Claws, healing, and a Lion's face, all were just the tip of the iceberg. The Roar, that's your real power." Martin's voice said. "Why didn't you tell me during training?" Ryan asked. "The Roar is a great responsibility, Ryan. One that you weren't ready for then. You were taking baby steps then. But now you are ready." Martin's voice answered. "I understand. So, what is this... Roar thingy?" Ryan asked, still confused. "To know what it is, you have to do it. It requires great emotional control. See that boulder on the opposite slope?" Martin's voice asked, Rysn looking ahead to see the boulder on the parallel slope. "Now, focus and... Roar." Martin's voice spoke before he then let a roar out, but it was just an ordinary roar and nothing happened to the boulder.

Ryan looked upwards again. "Nothing happened." He uttered. "Like I said. Control your emotions. Clear your mind of all thought, all anxiety. Be calm. Relax, and... Roar." Martin's voice replied. Ryan then looked ahead before he closed his eyes and exhaled. He cleared his mind, calmed himself down. Removed all anxiety and adrenaline, inhaling and exhaling a few times, then opened his eyes and roared. This Roar was different, louder, and he could see from his mouth sonic waves emerging from it, heading towards the boulder. The first few waves hit the boulder, then after a few more, the boulder then cracked and exploded into pieces and dust. His eyes widened and his mouth gaped open upon seeing what had happened. "Did-did-did I just do that?!" He yelled as he looked upwards. "Yes, Ryan, you did. Those were your first steps. Now, Roar again at one of the rocks and move your head upwards slowly." Martin's voice said back. Though he wasn't sure what was supposed to happened, Ryan then closed his eyes and calmed himself again. He then Roared again, the sonic waves coming from his mouth again, and when the first waves touched one of the smaller rocks that had been the boulder, he moved his head slowly upwards, and before his very eyes, he saw the rock lift itself into the air as the sonic waves moved up. He stopped moving his head and the rock also stopped, and after a few seconds, it exploded into loads of thinly pieces and dust. "Wow." Ryan said in surprise. "Well done, Ryan. You've mastered the Roar quickly, it seems." Martin's voice complimented, which made Ryan feel a little bit proud. "Thanks. In my first few months of house arrest, I was under a bit of stress, and taught myself how to calm myself. Now, I want to know everything." Ryan said. "Very well. You can know if you try. Go down into the main area of the quarry and push yourself. Let it rip. Let it go. Unleash it." Martin's voice said back.