17

He did talk to Seth. I found out what was wrong a couple of days later. Olly had spoken with an elder in his pack back in Dallas who had told him that it was a rare occurrence but it did happen. A female wolf's mating instincts would awaken when she met her intended mate. However, this only happened when an emotional connection was made.

I suddenly felt like a fish in a fish bowl as my siblings, Seth and Olly all stood in my kitchen waiting for my reaction to this obscure news. Being in wolf form my reaction was minimal. My eyes gazed out over them, my whimpers breathy.
"Rosie?" Sammy bent to my height, running a soft hand through my raven fur. "Please, say something?"

What am I to say? I sent my thoughts out to the room. What am I supposed to do?
"You need to take a mate." She stated, her grip tightening on my fur as I tried to break away with a huff. "You need to now, Rosie. Or this is just going to continue."
I can't.
I shake my head. Moving away to the corner of the room. How was I supposed to choose between them, two pieces of my heart?
"You must." Seth added, taking a step forward away from Olly. Olly rolled his eyes crossing his arms and leaning against the back wall beside the door. "For your benefit. Not ours."
"If you come with me I'll make sure you're well cared for." Called Olly from the doorway. "You'll want for nothing and we can start a family as soon as possible so you don't change like this anymore."
But I'll leave my family. I whimper, turning to nuzzle into Sammy's shoulder.
"That's why I suggest you stay with me." Seth's authoritative tone rang out in the halls of the kitchen. "You won't have to leave your family and we can cure this issue."
But neither of you love me. I don't want to just be a litter bucket! I growl, moving away from the group as anxiety, the pain and fatigue took its toll on my mind and body. I want more!

"Rosie..." Sammy reached for me but I snapped my jaws at her fingertips. Snarling as I back away towards the door. But noticing Olly was blocking my exit I turned and throw myself through the window instead. Landing on the pavement and running as fast as my feet could carry me into the dark of night. I would not live without love. I'd rather stay a wolf than suffer through that.