6

I'd spent the last couple of days debating whether to give Olly the Hunk the phone call Sammy had still been pestering me about. I knew the hesitation was foolish. Rejecting an Alpha would tear the whole pack and business apart. Running my thumb over the bold, extended lettering of his name I sigh deeply. On the one hand, he was a hunk. It couldn't be denied that he made my cheeks flush and heart race against my chest like a bird trying to escape from its cage. On the other, Alpha's were known for their domineering and possessive attitudes and expectations. The last thing I wanted was to be a locked away in the kitchen she-wolf in an apron with six pups running around my ankles. I liked my freedom. Loved it even.
But, maybe I was hesitating for another reason. Seth. The morning in the woods had played on my mind ever since. But the night of walking into my office to see him with Foxy had overshadowed it. Causing a small ache of self doubt. Seth didn't want me. Why would Olly? But, I guess, I'd have to actually pick up the damn phone to find out.

I picked up my phone and dialled before I could change my mind. Realising I was holding my breath, when he answered in that deep baritone of his, I let it out in a quick "Olly, it's Rosalie." The hand holding the card shook, letting it fall between its fingers to the carpet.
"Ah, Rosie. Good to hear from you. I was wondering if you'd ever call." He chuckled. The noise of a busy workshop echoed down the phone.
"If you're busy I can call another time?"
"Nah, don't be silly. Just fixing up old Bertha."
"Who?" I ask, hearing a clank of metal and a twist of a screwdriver in the background.
"My pals pickup." I could hear the grin in his voice.
"Oh." I blush.
"So, how about I take you for dinner instead of a drink."
"Sounds nice." My brain was too boggled to comprehend what was what. My face was on fire and my hands sweaty. I could not believe I was actually giving myself over to this. What was worse was I was liking the idea more and more as images flashing before my eyes of Olly all sweaty, dirty in overalls made my lower belly heat up.
"Great." He grunted, giving something a hard twist. "I'll pick you up from the club tonight around seven."
"I'm working."
"Nah, you're not now." Another rumble of a chuckle made me clench my thighs.
"But, Seth-"
"Will not refuse a request from a fellow Alpha. Especially when he has an unmated female he could use to make alliances with. I'll handle Seth." His tenacity had me biting my lip. He was persistent, stubborn, and sexy as hell.
"Alright." I squeaked. It was the only thing I could manage. He was right. Last thing Seth would want would be to insult his new partner by demanding he stayed away from his available female. If anything he should encourage it.
"See you at seven, gorgeous." He hung up. Leaving me staring at the phone.