5

I managed to escape into a dark booth. Trying to make myself look as small as possible to avoid anymore attention. I crossed my legs and sipped my glass of wine I'd ordered on my way from the bar. I didn't usually drink wine, but tonight I felt like I needed something stronger than beer. A lot stronger.

My eyes find Sammy in the distance. In another booth with her arms around Mitch, kissing and pushing herself against him like he was the air she breathed. A bitter ache filled my chest. Jealousy. The terrible feeling that that was not on the cards for me. I pushed my hair behind my ear with a gentle sigh. Debating whether to go home when someone slid in opposite and took a swig of his beer. Olly. My face flushed and my eyes stayed on his as he just simply looked back. We stayed silent for a moment. Basking in each others scent before he finally broke the silence. "Rosalie, isn't it?"
I tilt my head curiously. Surprised. "I am."
"Heard a lot about you." He takes another swig of his beer. Leaning forward on the table with his elbows.
"You have?" My curiosity is peeked.
He nods, a grin stretching his beautiful features. "Your alpha has spoken fondly of you."
He's spoken fondly of me? Why, when, how? All these questions rattled my brain. Giving me hope. "I'm surprised he mentioned me at all."
"Why's that?"
"He has a woman. She's human."
He seems to sense my mood and looks down with a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry."
"Don't be. Obviously, I was out of my mind."
"More like he's out of his." He grins at me, a sparkle in his brown eyes as be sips his beer. Our eyes dance, exploring each others features. The freckles over his nose, the deep dimple in his strong chin hidden beneath a ginger flecked beard. "You're gorgeous." He mutters across the table. His look of admiration makes me blush and I can't help but nervously giggle down at my lap.
"I was thinking of staying a while. Make sure our business is running to my liking. If you're not too busy, I would appreciate you having a drink with me." It wasn't exactly a request. It sounded more like a promise. As though I would go whether I said yes or not. His tone was delicate and yet authoritative. A date offer from an alpha was never refused. Olly was never refused. I could tell by the confidence with which he hands me his business card. Sliding it across the table. I pick up the white thick paper and admire the bold lettering. Mr. Oliver Marks owned his own motorcycle business. He repaired and sold bikes for a living. Impressive. He moved to leave, then paused. "My number is on there. Think about it."

With that he left me speechless. Melting away into the crowd to gather his pack and leave for the night. It was only eleven-thirty. Meaning they were more than likely going for a run.

"Did you just get a date with Olly the hunk?" Sammy squished in beside me and snatched the card away staring at it in awe.
"Looks that way."
"Why are you not psyched about this?" She squealed, her eyes staring at me like I was out of my mind. I knew the reason why. Olly was an alpha. Alpha's liked to play around and take whatever they pleased, not caring about who got hurt in the process. If tonight had taught me anything it was that.
"You've got to go." She said firmly. Pointing her finger at me.
"I know that." I put the card in my bag. It was required. An order from an alpha being refused was a huge insult which could lead to a severe punishment. "I'm not his type."
"Type?" She pauses. "Have you not seen you?"
"Of course."
"Then shut your face and go get him!"
I opened my mouth to protest but she covered my mouth with her hand. "Are you a wolf or a mouse?"
I roll my eyes, but she continued. "That man is hot for you so you're going to wear a pretty dress and go charm his pants off."
"Sammy!" I squeak, blushing as I pull her hand away.
"Figuratively speaking!" She snapped.