Flower Vase: Chapter 14

Flower Vase Chapter 14

Qin Zhiyuan froze on the spot.

He felt as if someone had knocked him hard on the chest, he couldn't hear anything other than Gu Yan's voice. He only returned to his senses with a jerk after Gu Yan's figure had disappeared, only then did he notice that the scene was already completed.

The director watched the replay off to one side, he was just debating about whether or not to reshoot that scene. Although Gu Yan had gone completely off-script, the male lead that he played was supposed to be a stone-cold assassin, with a domineering and awkward personality. It actually suited the character when he took pains to not look at the female lead during his confession. In fact, Gu Yan's expressions just now were hard to come by; chances were even if he was told to reenact the scene exactly the same way one more time, they probably wouldn't get the same feel from it again.

He was mulling it over when he suddenly heard Qin Zhiyuan say softly, "Reshoot it."

"Huh? What?"

Qin Zhiyuan was still staring at the place where Gu Yan had been standing. There was the hint of a smile on his lips, he spoke softly, but brooked no argument, "Cut that earlier sequence, shoot it again according to the script."

He was the head honcho of the investors, it was better not to offend him if at all possible. Plus, the director was already hesitant in the first place, and this spurred him into making an immediate decision... he asked the workers to prepare for a reshoot.

Gu Yan had been sitting to the side resting, so Qin Zhiyuan walked over with a smile, and told him about the director's decision.

"Hmm," Gu Yan wasn't surprised, he only peeked at Qin Zhiyuan and asked, "Was my acting just now not up to par?"

"It was quite marvelous." Qin Zhiyuan fixed his stare upon Gu Yan, a smoldering light began to burn in his eyes, he pushed down the impulse to kiss him right then and there with all his might. He said, "I've decided to keep this segment for my personal collection, so it would be impossible for it to be broadcast on TV."

Gu Yan immediately grinned, "The royalty fees will be really expensive."

"No matter, listen to my offer first." Qin Zhiyuan pressed on Gu Yan's shoulder, making a show of dusting him off, as he leaned closer and closer to his ear and said with his voice lowered, "When we get back tonight, I'll read the script for you too. I'll read it however many times you want to hear it."

Gu Yan's breath caught in his throat, and he sat up straight at once.

Qin Zhiyuan gave him a smile, he smoothed the wrinkles on his clothes with meticulous movements, then as if nothing had happened, turned around and left.

A long moment passed before Gu Yan leaned back against the chair again. He calmed his violently thumping heart, and raised his head to look at the azure blue skies as he slid the script up, bit by bit, to cover his face.

The expression on his face at that moment wasn't something he wanted to share with anyone else.

There were still some hours until nighttime.

Gu Yan felt that the next part of the day was more like chaos during wartime. They first reshot that important scene. This time he didn't play any tricks and acted out the scene properly according to the script. It wasn't exactly outstanding, but there weren't any glaring issues either. The director flapped his hand to show that the scene had passed. There was another fight scene right after. Although it looked really cool to be flying here and there in the bamboo forest, shooting the actual scene was no walk in the park. Qin Zhiyuan's eyebrows knitted together just from watching it on the sidelines.