Flower Vase: Chapter 3

Half a month later, the alluring Miss Tang Anna with the lovely smile, cleared up the gossip about her and a certain someone in a television program and conveniently promoted her new album that was about to be released, proving thoroughly that the earlier rumors had only been hype.

The Gu Yan, who wasn't yet out of favor, was curled up on the couch, fiddling with the remote control, and said, "Doesn't have much technical skill."

Qin Zhiyuan, who had just put on his suit jacket, leaned closer and pecked his face. "It's enough that we have the sales numbers, who cares about the technical skill?"

Gu Yan grabbed his tie and responded with an even more heated kiss, and asked, smiling, "So, for the sake of sales, you were willing to sacrifice your body?"

"It was purely for work needs." Qin Zhiyuan still used that official response, he straightened his tie and had that refined appearance again. "I've got a dinner to attend tonight, so I won't be spending time with you."

Exactly who's spending time with whom?

Gu Yan was too lazy to bother correcting him, he waved a hand and said, "Safe trip, Master."

Qin Zhiyuan left laughing.

Gu Yan sank ever deeper into the couch and continued watching TV. The show that he had a major role in had completed just a few days ago, his new show had not yet started filming, so he had spent the last couple of days lazing about the house. He only picked up his manager's call at noon, who said that they were getting somewhere with that endorsement deal they'd talked about a while ago, and told him to go to the audition this weekend. Before he hung up, he specifically mentioned that President Qin had spent quite a bit of effort on it, and taken the manufacturers out for a meal several times, etc, etc.

Gu Yan then understood this was Qin Zhiyuan's compensation for his quality services.

Squaring the accounts(1).

He had said it before, Qin Zhiyuan had always been this generous.

Gu Yan curled up the corners of his mouth due to habit, then remembered that Boss Qin wasn't here, and he didn't need to fake a smile at all.

If he wasn't smiling, then he only had one default expression. He watched TV for the entire afternoon with a straight face. When it became nighttime, he finally remembered that he needed to thank Qin Zhiyuan. If his business dinner had already finished, and he had time to hurry over, certainly there was another more straightforward way of showing his gratitude.

When he called, the phone rang for a long time before someone picked up, yet it wasn't Qin Zhiyuan's voice.

"Hello, who is it?" A clear male voice, the pitch neither too high nor too low, it was refreshing and pleasing to the ear.

If the voice was like the actual person, Gu Yan thought, his looks certainly wouldn't be bad. He understood Qin Zhiyuan's preferences only too well, he could almost sketch the outlines of the other person's face. But who knew? Maybe it was just a waiter from the restaurant.

While he was zoning out, the person on the other side of the phone inquired a few more times.

Gu Yan hurriedly laughed it off, and said, "Is it a bad time for President Qin to take a call right now?"

"Yeah, how'd you know..."

"No worries, no worries, I had the wrong number."

Gu Yan leisurely hung up, tossed the phone aside, and sat for a bit in the dark alone. Then he pressed a button on the remote control, and as if nothing had happened, continued to watch TV.