Flower Vase: Chapter 7

That expression barely flickered by and was quickly covered up by Zhang Qi. If Gu Yan didn't have sharp eyes, he probably would have thought he mistook it for something else.

He really was a little fox.

Qin Feng seemed to have some insight when he first called him that. It's just that his performance was overacted, and looked rather fake. Using such a cliched approach was more akin to the petty jealousies of middle schoolers.

But, perhaps it suited the tastes of certain people.

Gu Yan's feet were throbbing from standing to the side, so he simply found a place to sit, and focused his attention on his script.

Qin Zhiyuan seemed to have noticed the focus of his gaze, he raised his head to look at him, his eyes darkened, and he smiled an enigmatic smile.

Gu Yan's eyelid kept on twitching.

Was this an omen that he was about to fall out of favor?

Of course, it was impossible for a blooming flower to remain unwilted, flourishing through eternity without decay, but to lose at the hands of a little fox-like Zhang Qi felt a bit pathetic.

Zhang Qi successfully completed his injury act, and finally got his wish when Qin Zhiyuan drove him to the hospital. Only then did Gu Yan stand up to straighten his clothes, he asked the make-up artist for a touch-up and continued to wait for the next scene to start filming.

When the crew members were cleaning up the set, some inevitably muttered, "Who would fall so easily like that? Was it really just because he lost his balance?"

Some had heard things through the rumor mill, who couldn't help but glance at Gu Yan.

Gu Yan responded to them all with a smile.

As a matter of fact, it wasn't easy to fake a smile, it needed to look friendly and natural without a hint of pretense, which really tested one's abilities. As he only had this one presentable acting skill, he obviously needed to make good use of it.

There were no dates that night, when he went home he was still humming Zhang Qi's ballad.

When he arrived on set the next day, Zhang Qi had unexpectedly gotten there bright and early. Word was that he had twisted his ankle, by all rights he should have taken a break for a few days. But he was afraid to delay the film crew's work and had insisted on coming in. It's true though, injured tendons and dislocated bones require 100 days of recovery(1), The little fox had someone to pick him up everyday morning and night, he was practically preening, how could he not come by and show off?

Rather, it was Qin Zhiyuan whose thoughts were much more difficult to fathom. He obviously was showering his new sweetheart with attention, but at the same time, he was in no hurry to ditch the old love, Gu Yan.

Was he dead set on embracing someone to his left and right(2)?

It wasn't as if Gu Yan couldn't understand. At times when his thoughts wandered, he would imagine what it would feel like for him to have Zhang Qi on his left arm and Qin Feng on his right...as for Qin Zhiyuan?

Hmm, Qin Zhiyuan would be in outer space.

For an entire two weeks, other than texts and phone calls, Qin Zhiyuan of outer space, didn't meet with Gu Yan at all. Instead, it was his manager who called him first, telling him to attend a wrap-up party. Zhao Xin, the big shot Director Zhao, had won an award abroad for one of his art-house films. As their agency had been an investor, naturally they would have to show something on their part. Gu Yan, through Qin Zhiyuan's connections, had acted in one of Director Zhao's films before, as a result, he was also invited to join.