Flower Vase: Chapter 11

As Gu Yan spoke, he flashed his smile again.

The one he'd practiced in the mirror countless times, the absolutely flawless smile.

Normally, Qin Zhiyuan really liked Gu Yan looking this obedient, but as he listened to him talking to himself at that moment, the hand around his waist suddenly stiffened, then tightened its hold.

"Enough, you don't have to smile anymore." He brushed aside the hairs on Gu Yan's forehead and lightly kissed those misty eyes as he spoke softly, "Let's go home."

Gu Yan didn't remember how he got back to Qin Zhiyuan's place.

The terrifying effects of the drug spread throughout, his whole body felt feverish, and he couldn't stop himself from grinding all over Qin Zhiyuan. He was tottering even when he walked, and didn't know how much mumbo jumbo gibberish he spouted, until finally collapsing headfirst onto the large bed at Qin Zhiyuan's place, while he giggled stupidly at the ceiling.

Qin Zhiyuan's heated body slowly enveloped him.

Only multicolored lights and shadows played in front of Gu Yan's eyes, he couldn't see the expression on Qin Zhiyuan's face at all. Only that voice was still as mellow and musical as when he first met him. He gently entered his body as he kissed the wounds on his wrists, again and again, then he whispered next to his ear in a low voice, "It won't happen again."

Qin Zhiyuan had always been a man of his word.

The softer his tone when he spoke, meant the more determined his resolve.

Gu Yan cried out in a daze, he couldn't help himself as he opened his mouth to bite onto Qin Zhiyuan's shoulder. Qin Zhiyuan let him bite as he liked, as he clasped both of his hands and thrust his hips, melding into one with him even more intimately.

So Gu Yan climbed to the peak of pleasure in this embrace.

Everything was wonderful, as if in a dream.

And the price of this dream was that he ended up bedridden for more than a week.

This was only natural. It wasn't Gu Yan's first time taking that kind of drug either, he knew how much the side effects could damage his body. He should be laughing to himself that it'd only resulted in mild illness. This time Qin Zhiyuan was adamant about not letting him return to his own place. Not only did he get time off for Gu Yan from the film crew, he even found a nurse to put him on an IV for two days.

Gu Yan was content to be a freeloader. A week later, his body had mostly recovered as a matter of course.

During this period, the eternally busy-with-work Qin Zhiyuan, seemed to have freed up a lot of time, he returned from work early every day to keep him company. Every once in a while, when he had too much on his plate, he would grab his files and read through them while sitting at his bedside.

Alright, Gu Yan could admit that Qin Zhiyuan really couldn't escape responsibility for his endangerment this time. If it wasn't for this man's philandering with his boundless charm, how else would Qin Feng have seen him as a rival in love? But to go so far seemed a bit overboard.

Unfortunately, every time he complained, Qin Zhiyuan would only kiss him on the forehead, and give him the official response, "How could a sick person be left by himself?"

Really the exemplary picture of the perfect lover.

When Gu Yan thought about this, he couldn't help but fix his stare upon Qin Zhiyuan.