Chapter Ten: The Potter Twins' Birthday

Hey, I'm back. Sorry for the long wait. I have been job hunting and in interviews, and have been offered a job. I will be starting soon.  

I want to thank you all for your patience and I'm glad you are enjoying this story. 

Anyway, I have finally managed to finish this chapter. I can't tell you how many times I have written it and then re-wrote it. I really struggled with this one, but I hope it's okay. 

Right, moving on. Enjoy.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I don't own the Harry Potter Collection, just the mistakes.

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that someone else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

30th July 1994

It had been busy, preparing for this day, the Potter Twins' Offical introduction to other Wizardkind in their social circle. All the Prince Manor's elves were rushing around, preparing food, setting up the main sitting room for guests who want out of the sun and the garden where it would all take place. The elves were ecstatic, there was lots of work to do.

Sirius Black was still living inside Prince Manor, enjoying his newfound freedom and spending time with James's kids. Andromeda has visited not long after the trial to do Harry and Hermione's routine check-up with mixed results. Harry was healing correctly and could come off his Murtlap Essence, and his Skele-Grow was the same, but the Nutrients potions were halved.

Hermione wasn't the same. She hadn't gained as much as she should have, and her immune system was still weak. If Hermione wasn't so powerful, Andromeda was sure Hermione would constantly be sick. However, she was able to come off the Murtlap Essence, but everything else stayed the same. Hermione admitted her parents' schedule for her and learning everything Severus gave her didn't leave much time to follow Andromeda's program. Hermione said she always had Breakfast and Dinner and the occasional snack Namy sneaked in while no one was around. That was concerning.

However, that wasn't an issue anymore. Isolde Whitley had contacted Severus regarding the Grangers. Whitley did another home check with Madam Bones, and everything she told the Grangers to do hadn't been done. The older Granger's said they hadn't had the time. This could be true, apart from Legilimens showed otherwise. The Grangers' didn't care or want to improve their adopted daughter's living conditions.

Legilimens also showed how Hermione turned up at theirs. Left on the doorstep in November, with a note. Mr Granger knew of magic and dispised it, as his ancestors had been cast out for not possessing it. Mr Granger's mind showed how he thought of taking the child to an orphanage but then changed his mind once he touched the basket. Madam Bones suspected Dumbledore had charmed the basket to compelled the Granger's to keep Hermione. However, there was no proof.

Madam Bone's and Whitley searched the minds of Mr and Mrs Granger. Their minds were full of neglect and abuse towards Hermione. The Grangers used Hermione intelligence to boast to their friends, which made them superior in their minds. After all, gifted children come from intelligent parents, right? That was the only thing they liked about Hermione, her mentality. Not to mention the £1,160 a month they received for Hermione's "care" made keeping Hermione better. £1,160 a month, free, was excellent. They could have an extra luxury every so often.