Chapter Nine: Spanner in The Works

Welcome back to Dark Intentions, Light Benefits. This will be the first chapter of 2021. I apologies for the long wait. I started writing this the next day I posted chapter 8, but I kept falling in and out of Writer's Block. 😒 However, I have managed to write something which I'm happy with. I don't know about any of you fellow writers, but I end up writing my chapters more than once. Or I struggle to put my ideas down on paper in a way that would make sense. Oh well. 

Also, remember this is a Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Molly Weasley and a Dumbledore bashing story. 

Thank you for waiting and following this story. Enjoy. 

I don't own the Harry Potter Collection, just the mistakes that may appear. 

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that someone else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

Third Person's Pov

28th July 1994 - Morning

Today was the day Sirius Black got a trial.

A few day previous, Severus took the Potter's Will to Madam Bones. Severus may not care if Sirius Black got the dementors kiss, stayed on the run or simply put back in Azkaban. However, seeing the hope that filled Harry's eyes, Severus knew what he had to do. No matter how angry he was at Black, denying Harry a relationship with his Godparents was wrong. Also, Black was better suited to tell the Potter twins stories of their father. Severus wouldn't deny the twins hearing the better side of their father. The side Severus barely saw. It was the right thing to at least get Black a trial. No matter the outcome, the Goblin's and Madam Bones assured Severus that Harry and Hermione will stay in his care. The Potter's Will did say if the other's were unavailable, the children would come to him.

Therefore, the day before Severus, penned a letter to his tailor to make suitable garments for Harry, Hermione and himself. Severus, was required to attend any Wizengamot trials as he held a Lordship. Children aren't usually invited. However, because Sirius is linked to the Potters and the Potter's Will will be featured in the trial as evidence, it was prudent Harry and Hermione attend. Traditionally, Wizengamot is closed on weekends. But as this is Sirius Black, the last Heir to the Black Earldom, the Ministry saw it fit to hold a trial as soon as possible. Better 12 years late than never, right?

Apart from trying to get Sirius Black a trial, Severus managed to get ahold of most of the people mentioned in the Will. Only Remus hasn't answered, but Hedwig was sent back, empty-clawed. Andromeda and Ted would be stopping by after the trial. Regent Augusta Longbottom and Neville would be stopping by some point before the twin's birthday. All three adults were sad, shocked, but happy with the news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus sat at the dining table with Harry and Hermione, explaining the rules of Wizengamot. Surprisingly, they didn't have any questions, other than, even if Sirius was proven guilty, could he still be sent to Azkaban? Severus explained that the Wizards of Wizengamot vote guilty or not guilty near the end of the trial. So, the possibility was there, but if they vote guilty when it's proven the arrested isn't, then it makes them look terrible and unjust. Which no one wanted.

They had never had one, but from what they saw about their cousin, or in Hermione's case, adopted sibling. Parties were stressful and a lot of work for a few hours. Severus was inclined to agree but had to stand firm with what society expected. Neither of the twins had truly celebrated their birthday. Harry's typical birthday consisted of him having a mounting of chores, no food and seeing the Dursley's go out for an expensive meal and Dudley getting a new toy of some sort. And pre-Hogwarts, Vernon sometimes thought each year should be counted with his belt followed with being locked in his cupboard before bed. If he had messed something up or ruined their day.