Chapter Six: Guardian Snape

Hey guys, I know I haven't updated in a while. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I don't own the Harry Potter Collection.

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that someone else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

29 Knuts in 1 Sickle, and 17 Sickles to a Galleon.

1 Knuts = £0.02

1 Sickle = £0.29

1 Galleon = £4.97

Severus Snape's POV

21st July 1994 - Morning

Today, I was going to have both of my wards and I have no idea how it will go. Potter so far hasn't been too bad, a lot quieter and respectful then I thought, I am not sure whether its because this is new or because he doesn't have his friends to back him up. Either way, I am not going to complain. He was picking up on his lessons quickly. He didn't like some things, like gender stereotypes or pureblood rules but he will get over it. He must as the next Lord Potter. Harbey is doing a great job of fixing Potters clothes they were worse then they are now. I am taking them shopping for wizarding clothes, once Granger is here. Namy said she will bring her once she is dressed and packed. I had Namy get a smallish backpack with an Undetectable Extension Charm on it. It is made out of hide from a dark blue Antipodean Opaleye. A dragon native to Australia and New Zealand. I also got a backpack for Potter but its made from the hide of a Hebridean Black, which is native to Scotland.

I check the time. It was only 8:05, Namy said she would be here with Granger around 8. In time for breakfast. Potter was due to be down soon, so I wasn't worried. I believe Thyme said she and Mint will do waffles and fruit for breakfast. I take a sip from my coffee and focus on the Daily Prophet that had just been dropped off. It was still praising the Guardian Act and the Quidditch World Cup, that is happening soon.

As soon as I finish reading, I hear tapping at the window. I get up from the table to see a Short Eared Owl perched there. The type of owl said well off but not rich pureblooded family. I open the window to allow it in, it flies over to the owl perch and holds out its leg. I take the rolled-up letter from its leg and gave it a treat. It ate the treat and had some water from the dish then left. I walked back over to the table and took my seat. I unrolled the letter to see it was from Andromeda Tonks. She said she could check over both Potter and Granger later on, around 3. Granger, to make sure she is healthy and up to date with her vaccines. And to make sure Potter's potions are working, even if he is 5 days into his treatment. Andromeda mentioned taking them to Gringotts to have further tests done as she couldn't find any medical records for them, before starting Hogwarts. Gringotts healers are overpriced, but they are the best. I will most likely take them next week.

I put the letter into my pocket as Potter enters the dining room; dressed in faded blue short-sleeved shirt with the top button undone which was tucked into his black trousers and black dress shoes. He sits in the seat opposite me. "Someone is coming around today. They will stay until Sunday evening." I tell him. He looks towards me and asked who it was. I was about to answer when Namy popped into the dining room with Granger; she was wearing black trousers, a tucked in pale yellow blouse and black smart shoes. Her hair seemed tamer and was pulled back into a ponytail. "Mya?" Potter says and got up.

"Harry" Granger manages to say before Potter grabs her in a hug, that nearly knocks of her feet. They were talking lowly to each other, so I couldn't hear. I cleared my throat to gain their attention. They let go of each other and look towards me. "Come sit at the table, I will inform you of today's plan. Granger has Namy gone over the rules with you?" I say and Granger nods, as she and Potter walk towards the table. I tell Granger to give her bag to Namy, as she takes it off to sit at the table. Mint and Thyme come out with the breakfast; strawberry and chocolate chip waffles, fruit, orange juice for the children and a black coffee for me. "We are going out today. To get you to some wizarding clothes and other things you may need. I want no arguments or complaining. We will most likely be a few hours, once we are back, you can have some time to yourself, then we will go over etiquette and some other pureblood customs. Understood?" They nod, and I start to eat my breakfast, and they follow suit.