Chapter Four: One Down, One to Go

Back again. This chapter is still going to be Snape's prospective. Just because I find it easier to explain things in his point of view. I will most likely do Harry's and Hermione's prospective next chapter, as long you guys don't mind a big chapter. Also, if the characters seem different, they most likely are. Not by much. It goes more in depth of their changes at the end of the chapter. Well I have rambled enough, so lets get onto the story. 

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that some one else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

Severus Snape's POV

17th July 1994 ---- Morning 

I was drinking my coffee as Harbey walked into the dining room, followed by Potter, who didn't look pleased. He looked freshly showered, his hair had been cut shorter, but still covered his scar, and was tamed. He was dressed in faded black jeans, that were a little too big, a red long-sleeved T-shirt and some muggle trainers. "Morning, Mr Potter. Sleep Well?" I say, trying to make small pleasantries. He looked up from the floor to me. 

"Fine. I slept fine. Urm, what am I doing here?" He replied, a bit unsure. I gesture to the seat opposite me and he moved to sit down. As he did, Thyme and Mint, my chef elves put down two plates of pancakes with two small bowls of fruit. As requested, they made Potter chocolate chip pancakes while mine were blueberry. I thought it would sweeten Potter's thoughts of being here. They also brought out another black coffee for me and a glass of orange juice for Potter, that had his nutrient potion in. "Yesterday, as you are aware, I, along with Madam Bones and two others visited you at your relative. Well, a new law was passed a week ago. Essentially, it is to educate and support muggle-raised students in the magical world. A magical-raised adult or family can apply for a child it can be done by name or just that they want a charge." I tell him, he nods in understatement. After a few minutes of silence. 

"What does that have to do with me here?" He demands but in a polite tone. I take a sip of my coffee to wash down the pancake I was eating. 

"Well, when I visited yesterday with the others, we gave your relatives a contract to sign if they wished. The contract was simple. I was nominated to be your Magical Guardian and your relatives had to agree to it. If they didn't then McGonagall, as your head of house, would be your Magical Guardian if you don't have one by the time school starts. It means that I would support you in the magical world both financially and educate you on our ways." I tell him and he stays silent again.

"Okay but that doesn't explain why I am here." His tone was impatient.

"Madam Bones wants all Muggle-raised children's homes to be checked before we leave the household, whether or not the parents or guardians sign the contract." I paused for a moment to take a sip of coffee. "Well, as we looked around we found your living conditions not appropriate. First, was that the people from Department of Child Protection didn't like the fact you had no pictures on their walls, either on your own or with the family. There was also the cupboard under the stairs that had a lock on it. That wasn't concerning however, the mattress and your school trunk were the concern, there was enough evidence that you had been locked in there. Also, then there's the fact you were in the sun at the hottest part of the day, which you suffered from and had to be treated for heat exhaustion. Oh and what else? Ah yes, your room. It was cramped and littered with broken toys, your door had 6 different locks on it and you were on the bed almost passed out. Your cousin also said some things that called Madam Bones to say you were not to stay there. So, you were brought here, was treated and being fed." I finish.