Chapter Three: Something to Worry About

I have nothing to say, but I don't own the Harry Potter Franchise, just this story.

Lets Go!!

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that some one else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

Severus Snape's POV

10th July 1994 

The Magical Guardians Act was proposed a few days ago, now its written. As predicted, Dumbledore protested, but there was more votes for it to pass. 80% of the neutral families voted, after the dark families voted (the neutrals don't want trouble from the dark side), they wanted to support their acquaintance/friend, Florian. Some light families, the ones not following Dumbledore, voted. Most surprisingly, Madam Bones voted once she heard she could organise any surprising visits to anyone's home if they have a muggle-raised child in their care. Senior Undersecretary Dolores Umbridge also protested, but she had no power in Wimzegamot laws. I wasn't at Wizengamot but I heard about it from Florian and Lucius, who was in attendance at the request of the Minister. I was told 85% of Wizengamot voted yes to the law. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11th July 1994

The next day, after the law was written, all Hogwarts staff (apart from Binns, Hagrid and Filtch) were called to the Ministry for a meeting. Dumbledore said he could manage the amount of muggle-raised students in Hogwarts, but somehow information on the petrified students in 1992/1993 was leaked. Along with how Dumbledore failed to write home to the parents that their child was petrified. He was denied having any. Also, McGonagall was denied being a magical guardian due to her age and school status. The DMLE didn't want favouritism, she made a sour face at that, we all knew she wanted Granger. 

Head of Houses were not to choose any muggle-raised students, in their house, unless they come back to school without a magical guardian. Madam Bones wanted the public to contribute to society. Anyone in the meeting could nominate a guardian for a student or students.

Dumbledore brought up Potter's and Granger's predicament. He worried people would want Potter because of his status as the boy-who-lived and future Lord Potter. Plus Granger's status as Potter's friend could get her harmed, by those who blame Potter for the Dark Lords disaperence. The minister tried interfering, saying Dumbledore should be allowed to be Potter's and Granger's guardian. He also said those who supported the Dark Lord willingly, were in Azkaban. It was Madam Bones who said Dumbledore is old and was not to have any muggle-raised students under his care, as he has other duties that make him leave for days on end.

So Dumbledore nominated the Weasley's as both Potter and Granger are friends with their youngest son. Which Florian politely put 'they can apply but then they would have to help educate the duo, keep an eye on their families and financially support them if need be. Would, they be able to do that on top with the upkeep of their children.' With most people agreeing. Madam Bones proposed that she checks any person/families applying for a muggle-raised child before they agreed to. Most of those who voted agreed.

Florian called for a break after another 10 minutes of nominating. Florian and Lucius cornered me to ask if I would be willing to take on the Golden Duo. I said no. I said one of them should take them on as I don't want the responsibility. Plus, Dumbledore will try to get me to let him take over. In turn, they said Madam Bones and Dumbledore would most likely refuse as Lucius "was" a death eater, and Florian was the creator of the law. That could cause them to think this was a scheme to gain control Potter. Which it is, but he didn't want to make it obvious. A few more plausible comments made me agree, reluctantly. As I may not need to take them in. Lucius and Florian convinced Lord Avery, a close associate of Florians', to nominate me. His (Florian's) reasons were that as I know both worlds; would know what to teach him of being a lord and about the magical world. Among other reasons, Madam Bones and a few others agreed to make me the Guardian of Potter and Granger. 'I was ecstatic'