Chapter 10

Like clockwork, Detention was over. I was glad I could go home. The bell rang and Mrs Henry dismissed us. I didn't even hear what else she had to say.

 I just wanted to home and maybe check up on Isabella. We didn't hang out much and i had to know how to react to her, now that i was in this mess with Ty.

Was it wrong to keep it from her, should I tell her maybe. What would I tell her my conscience mocks me. it didn't even have a name. I wasn't anything to him.

Nor could I ever be. I had no social power to offer him. Nothing at all

Hours after arriving home. i changed my clothes and went to Isabella's  house.

Isabella was spread out on the sofa in the living room watching television in nothing but her under wear and an oversized shirt. 

Dipping her long finger nails into the bag of chips laid out in front of her. Although i didn't route for liking my own gender, she was beautiful to watch.

If you just sat and looked at her, my best friend wasn't the type that needed makeup to look special. she already was, exaggeratingly beautiful. and I couldn't help falling jealous of why Ty really liked her to begin with.

As I stood and watched her from her doorway like a creep i hear a loud burst of squeals and laughter.

" Lex are you watching me?" she screamed again.

" No " I shouted.

" Yes you are , you weirdo. Come give me a hug"

She embraced me like i was her long lost brother reported missing from a refuge camp in world war II.

" I'm not dead babes" i told her.

She invited me to sit next to her as she watched Gilmore girls. A show she recently found and now obsessed over.

" Guess who texted me?"

" who ?" I asked. 

My gulliblity   thought this was some cheerleader gossip about someone doing drugs or some accused of being pregnant. But no, life just likes to make me it's centre of amusement. A clear joke for everyone who knew me because it was no one either than

" Tyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!" she screamed. Pointing her phone at me. As if i was a two year old who needed visual images to understand the point she was making

" Oh, What did he say?" i asked.

Trying carefully to hide the disappointment in my voice . I hope she didn't suspect it . But she was too happy to take any notice and for once in my miserable life i was relieved.

" He wants to talk to me on Friday."

" Oh, where?" i asked

" At my favorite Ice cream shop"

" Oh"

" What you'd think, should i go" she asked me.

What in the world did she want me to tell her the truth, that i was kissing him behind her back. That after school during detention i was blowing her off in the hope that he would kiss me. So that i felt special.

No. i couldn't tell her anything. it would tear her to pieces. if i knew even the slightest bit that they were talking, i wouldn't have done what i did.

" Lexxxx!!"

" huh?"

" you zoned out for a sec, what should i do, do you think i should go?"

" uh huh" is all i could manage to say. 

i hated myself. i don't know where the strange feeling of self hate or loathing came from but it came and my only wish in that moment was to swim like a fish in the deep ocean and drown.

" You don't look like your being sincere " she said

" It's your life babes, not mine. It's you he hurt. So you make the decisions" I said 

Coming to think of it my face did look like i was the very least interested in the convesation and i felt an argument coming. i just knew and my stomach tightened in preparation.

" What do you mean lexxxx!!!!" she screamed. Now raising her voice.

" Your my friend, i asked for your advice not your permission" she screamed

" I know isabella but..."

" Don't but me. "

I had it, i was fed up. No matter how many sins i committed i did not deserve this attitude. Especially when she didn't know a thing

" You know what" i said. lifting my bag and putting it over my shoulder

" I"M sick of this. i'm going. This whole thing is stupid anyway. Your sick if your going back to him, the way he treated you. You know what i don't even care. Like you said your not asking for my permission" i finished.

Opening the door and slamming it dramatically on my way out. This whole thing was childish. i didn't want to know what she would have done if she knew i was kissing him.

She would probably light both of us on fire.