Chapter 3

Day 3

   I was woken up by a loud phone call. The shrieking scream of the phone shocked even myself. A girl who stayed up watching horror  movies alone in the dark. Woken up startled, I reach my hand across the bed stand and reach my charging phone . It was Isabella.

  " hello?"   I say through the phone . My voice sounding harsh like an old man that just woke up from his nap.

  " It's me ,  Isabella ". She says. It takes  a minute   to register the tone  in her voice. It sounds shaky

   " Babe , are you okay ?"  I ask

   " No . ". Suddenly bursting into tears .

  ". Ty, broke up with me "

  ". No". I said

   ". Yes, and what's  even worse is he did it over the phone ". She adds.

   ". Ice cream ?" I ask .

  " Yes please ". She adds.

  ". I'll be there in ten minutes " I said.

". Okay " she said lastly stifling  a  Sad moan in her mopy voice.

In about 12 minutes I'm sorted on her couch. I have all the requirements . Everything . We sit and insult him together. I hold her hair when she throws up cause she ate too much and I wiped her tears when she cries .

This is half the reason , I never liked the idea of popularity. She would have to look bright eyed and bushy tailed Monday morning. So he doesn't think he broke her and not to be bullied by the other cheerleaders  or  athletes .

As i get up to leave isabella's because her parents don't believe in sleep overs. So she only comes to my house . I ask her if she would be okay .

  ". Are you sure ?"  I repeat

  ". Yes , I have my playlist and ice cream in the fridge."

  ". Stay hydrated though " I Finish. Kissing the side of her cheek.

  ". Always ". She repeats giving me a sad smile . It was grin I think but she was sad so it looked  weird
.
  ". And remember  boys aren't .."

  ". Don't say it " she laughs as i closed the door. I wave goodbye and go home .

  *. 
The next day,  Saturday or Sunday. I always switch the days . I get a text on my phone from someone I do not know . I know it's not Isabella . She's the only who could text me . I don't text anyone else . Not even my parents .

..... Hi

Me : Hi?

How is she ?

Just like that i now know that it was him. The nerve who asks such a question, maybe he was drunk or something when he texted it.

you couldn't do it in person?

its me susan

Oh, someone from the gossip column at school. i rather not talk to her, so i leave my phone no matter how many time it buzzes with notifications.

  The next day , I wake up and walk to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal. When I get back , my bowl still in hand , I see a number of missed calls on my phone from some unknown caller.
     I would pick it up thinking it's Isabella but I knew all her numbers by heart. Even the neighbors, foreign cousins and parents . Since she used those sometimes .

   But this number is one I could hardly recognize . It's probably some gossip girl wanting more scoop of what happened and I have absolutely no time for drama.
   Instead I take a shower, since I haven't had one since Isabella's last night . I quickly jump into the shower and let the cold water run down my back. How would a sensible fellow do such a thing .

As I step out of the shower and wrap myself with a towel. Tying my hair into a messy bun, I see 69 notifications on my phone .

Now I was irritated . I had to see who this high chick was and what drugs she was taking to be able to irritate someone this much . You ever wonder , if such girls put the same effort for gossip into work ethics, then our economy wound be a tad better ......anyway.

You did have to love her determination . Phone in Hand, my phone begins to ring again. This time I pick it up .

". Hello ?" I said.

". Hi lex.... tell her I'm so so sorry ...., I didn't "

". Ty?" I ask .