Chapter 14

Ty's point of view

How could someone love something so much knowing fully well they won't get it in return. That not only being pushed and broken to pieces will hurt but not being loved will forever leave a scar .
  I always wondered, the basic foundation of marriage. What was the point. Men would never truly mean anything they say at the altar, then why do it. Why lie to someone, something so fragile and untainted only to be the one that breaks it in the end.
Was that the point, a competition. Was that all marriage was ? To see who could stay the longest without breaking.
If there's anything I know for certain. It's two things, one I will never get married and two, I'll never let myself fall in love
   No matter how sweet, kind or loving the other person is.
   After all, no one wants something that's already broken.

I was 6, when my whole idea of love became tainted. When that pig of a father did what he wanted . Only then was I old enough to actually realize that it wasn't normal for your father to come home with different women . That it was not normal for a mother to stay up all night in her room crying . I didn't know that sleeping in different rooms in a marriage was actually weird . It was in school that I found out I was weird . I was damaged . My family wasn't a normal family. A man only had one woman . And they always were almost perfectly happy .

I guess it makes sense , seeing as now I had different women in the palm of my hand and felt nothing , I was always going to be tainted . Forever broken.

He woke up from a nightmare at 02 in the morning . Sweaty, panting and scared . But he couldn't understand why he was scared . He was Ty after all, the man . Cool people didn't have nightmares . They had nothing . They felt nothing . Did nothing but all at the same time was everything everyone wanted to be . He dreamt of a girl , though he couldn't recognize her . He hit her repeatedly .
Up against his locker his hands all bloody and her face all bruised . By the time he realized what he had done . She was unconscious on the floor and his hands were filled with her blood . Patronized and shaking , he tried running but everywhere he ran to was a giant mirror . A mirror that shows him not his face but his fathers and then he woke up . If there was anything Ty hated , it was his father .

The image of him, the thought of him. To think he would dream of him. Nightmare or not , it made him mad. And there's only one place he went when he was mad . Drinking or to play with a new mouse in his claws. Except this time . It was the longest relationship he ever had . She was stable and too sweet to actually devour all at once . She was everything to him .
Like his mother . She was sweet and sensitive and for some reason . He didn't have the heart to break her like he did the others . The others were too eager . Too something . So it was easy but this one . He couldn't face her knowing he should or could hurt her . The girl in his dreams was Isabella

He decided that instead of getting drunk and blowing up in some pub, he could go visit her instead . So at 3 in the morning . Outside Isabella's window , he started throwing rocks at her roof. Missing the window in fear of breaking it and waking her parents up . She switched on the lights . Her black curly hair all messy and her face messed up . Running her eyes , face drained . She called out .
" Hello?"
". Wake up sleepy head . Let's go ."
". Ty?"
" come down " he called .
" I can't ". she said
" why not ?"
". The doors are locked and I don't know the alarm password . Everyone will wake up ."
". Fine " he huffed .
Before she could ask what he was doing at her house in the middle of the night or morning . He climbed up her
window and got in her bedroom.

" saying I can't come out isn't an invitation to enter my bedroom"
" I'm not going to do anything . I just don't want to be home " he told her
This wasn't a usual occurrence . He never actually had been to her room before . She had very strict parents . So they always went out or hang around school or pep rallies . Never actually at the others house .