Chapter 1

I knew that my life was chaotic but I don't know how it could have gotten any messier . I don't even remember it in detail. All I knew is I was blessed with a curse of wanting things I could never have. Ty was one of those things. It's not that I chose for such a thing to happen. I didn't even do it on purpose.  It's not that I wanted to hurt Isabella but they were already broken  up. it was like that poem by Robert frost . What was it again, the road not taken. I wish maybe there was something I could have down to avoid all the mess but life is just not that simple.
*
   Day 1 

   Bell rang and it was time to leave home room. I had history and Isabella had English.  It's not that I hated history . It's just that the teacher has a  knact of making chaos for me and my discomfort was showing by my grades .  It's not that I didn't like the subject  it's just Mrs Henry that I didn't like .  I had to study harder for the subject if I ever wanted to even get at least a B in her class.

   ". Hey lex...". Isabella says disrupting my thoughts .  I didn't like that nickname .

  It's  not that I had a problem with her calling me it . I just secretly detest it and never told her. It would do nothing for her anyway .

  ". Hi babes ". I say kissing her on her cheek. 

 As if we  weren't in home room together . She gives me a look. Knowing her she probably was already in my head. She read my thoughts like she was psychic. It was pretty cool.

". History ? Girllllll you better stop fretting about that class. You can ace it , I know you ". she chirps.

I always found it funny and interesting how casual and happy a person can be . I wasn't uptight but I wasn't easily happy. I wasn't one of those people that woke up in the morning feeling all happy and sunshiny. 

 I dreaded waking up. My dreams end and I'm once again reminded of the cruel reality that is this joke of life.

If I could die sleeping that would be my number one choice. 

". Your not going to die ". She says.  Again interrupting my thoughts and reading my mind. Wow this girl is good .
*
We sit at a table in the cafeteria nicely ,it's now lunch time. Isabella always met up with her boy friend for a short while before we actually ate anything and I'd always stand awkwardly behind her. Isabella was popular unlike me . She had a love for cheerleading and was very competitive in sports. Especially gymnastics and soccer. 

 Her boyfriend Ty, at the time was quarterback of the football team of our school. He was hot and dreamy but in a cooled down chill way. It was no wonder girls adored him so much. I for one knew he was out of my league and already putt off the idea of even dreaming of crushing on him.   

After all he was my best friends boy friend. And I loved her tooo much to betray like that. Not even in my thoughts.

Today , for some reason though . We didn't go see him and I wondered if I should question her about it but cancel the thought  . Maybe he's just busy. What feels like hours after, I see a boy running my way as I get my backpack from the ground next to the spot we were sitting on. It's Ty and he's running trying to catch a ball but instead falls on me and knocks me down. 

 Before I even realize what's going on. I'm on the floor and he's no top of me. Inches away from being completely attached to me.

". Sorry lex, didn't see you there ". he says. He gets up and dusts himself . Lending a hand to me so I get up. I don't even want an apology or anything I just want to get out of here ,

". Ty...,". Isabella screams  . ". Don't kill my best friend ". 

". I won't ". He tells her. As I get up and retrieve my backpack and some things on the ground like my pencils. Ty wraps his hands around Isabella's waist and kisses her. 

". Laters baby ". He says and looks my way as of trying to apologize. I nod my head as way of saying ' I forgive you '. And he takes his ball and leaves. 

". So why didn't we visit him today ?" I ask Isabella while  we walk up to my locker in preparation for the next class.

". I can't tell you " she says.

". What why ?" I ask. ". Because I promised ". She says.

". Okay promise me you won't tell anyone ". She repeats .

". Babes, what's happened . I'm your bestie. "

". Promise ?" She ask.

". Okay, who am I going to tell anyway ". I finish.

". True ". She says smiling. 

". I'll tell you after class". She says and right then the bell rings . I can follow her  right away and pressure her into telling me . She kisses my cheek  and scurries off.

   I knew I should have grabbed her fast. Though it's too late now I'll just have to wait till class is over.  I sit on the stairs waiting for the classroom to be open. 

Till I realize that chemistry class was  changed to a room upstairs .  I start to run up the stairs before I'm late and somewhat topple before I reach the final step.  I could have sworn I was going to fall till I realize that I would if I wasn't caught by some masculine veiny arm. 

 As I look up, I see Ty's face and I somewhat feel like this shouldn't have happened.

   ". Careful,  I don't want to get my girlfriend a new replacement for a best friend ".  He says almost laughing . 

As he places me or pushes me up to to the top stair.  I want to thank him but don't want to linger here any further. So instead I just nod my head up and down as  fast as I can and run to chemistry class.

    As I enter the class and slip into the class before  my teacher sees me .  Just to find Tys already there seated  . I could have sworn he was right behind me and I don't  remember me being in the  same class as him. Before I can hear my thoughts run through I  look up and see Mrs Henry. Wait what ?

   ".  Mrs brown?  Didn't I already teach you history this morning . What are you doing in my class." 

   I slowly stand up trying to explain myself while the entire class starts laughing.

  ". Mrs Henry,  I thought this was chemistry.  I thought the classroom changed. I didn't know this was history . I'm sorry". I say. The class still bubbling with laughter start to die down.

   ".  Well as you can see this is not  chemistry. This is history.  Class, I want you to see this girl to remind us why we learn history. To not repeat the same mistakes.  Miss brown  here thinks  she could pass history so well, she chose AP history and then IB and yet she still lacks the important basics for  even this simple class."

I was stunned. I knew I was bad at this class but she wasn't allowed by any law to make an example of me .  Was she?

   I look at her face one more time and don't show her that my tears are in the verge of breaking. Instead I inhale a large  mouthful of air and march out of the class. I don't like her anyway. She can keep her class, I'll find an alternative for passing