Chapter 19 " forget Ty"

So this was what love was. Hating every moment that person isn't with you. Day dreaming in the middle of classes and drawing tiny hearts at the corner of your text book.

Jealous of anyone that got the chance to talk to him in public and that he actually responded back to.

This wasn't the way it was supposed to turn out.

Lexi sat at lunch alone. Depressed because Isabella was sent to a correction facility in unknown island because her parents had caught a boy trying to sneak into her house in the middle of the night. Maybe it was Ty, maybe it wasn't.

I didn't even care anymore. She was out of the picture for a while. I hated myself. Hated myself because 7 years of friendship meant nothing. I never thought I'd be one of the aggressive type. That doesn't want another girl to even be with her man. ( Not that he was my man ). I hated myself for being the girl that would let a stupid guy get in a girls friendship.

This wasn't me. Is that what love did? Make you a whole different person that you forgot who you were to begin with.

" hey lex" a deep voice called out. Breaking her out of her trance. It was Ty.

" yes " she said hardly swallowing cause her mouth was dry and the back of her throat was making that burping noise when you swallowed dry air.

" come sit with me " he said. Gathering the open book that was in her hand. That she didn't even bother reading cause she was too stuck in her head.

He grabbed her hand and walked with her to his table. She was on a cloud. In the middle of the school day. With everyone around. He grabbed her hand and was going to eat lunch with her .

Nothing could dampen her day after this. The moment her butt touched the chair. His group of friends joined them.

" hey Ty, who's this chick " one of them called out.

" she's not a chick. She's a girl " Ty responded clearly unbothered as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

" sorry whatever dude " the blonde boy responded. Clearly aggravated.

" so what's your name, girl ?"

" Lexi" I said.

" ooooooooo that's a cute name "

" thank you " I said. Looking around at the other boys that filled the table. They ate their lunch. Talking among themselves. Like my being there was just as normal as my not being there.

They were un phased. Trying to eat their lunch as fast as possible, to do better things with their time.

" you're really hot, Lexi. How come your with Ty?" He asked. Arching his eye brows

" She's not with me" Ty said annoyed.

" we're not together" I replied.

" he's just eating lunch with me because Isabella isn't here".

" Isabella?"

" his girlfriend " I replied.

Ty chocking and the boys laughing.

" didn't they break up " a random girl from another table chimed in. Clearly eavesdropping.

Mind your own business. My brain was screaming but I couldn't make the words. I just sat there. Not replying.

" it's complicated " Ty spat. Not looking at me or blinking.

The girl clearly amused she got under his skin. Hummed to herself and continued what she was doing. I felt disgusted with myself. Like the insides of my body were rotting away and  giant worm was eating away at it.

When no one was looking. Deep in my thoughts, Ty pulled my hand and placed it on his lap. Folding the tin foil that once held his sandwich and placing it his back pocket.

I was giddish. Like a middle schooler. Excited and on edge. No one seemed to notice or care but I did.

It's funny how you slowly become the same thing you lived your entire life hating. I secretly wished I was popular just so I could publicly be with him.

My soul knew it was wrong. That changing yourself for another person wasn't right. They weren't the one. But what if the person you wanted to be your forever just needed a little help. A little push so they could see the good you see in them. That's what Ty needed. Love and attention. Something he couldn't get from wherever he needed it. But I was willing to give it to him. My Un devoted attention. I promised myself to never let him leave. To trap him with me. Until I was finally ready to give him up.

With confidence, goodness knows where from. I smiled at Ty's friend direction.

" I've never seen you before what's your name ?" I asked.
His face upset replied, " Collin " .

" Hmmm " I said. The boys laughing and clearly in shock.

" she got you dude " another boy said.

" she don't even know your name and you take math together " they started cackling.

Amused with myself I continued finishing my lunch. Ty didn't say anything.