thirteen

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

I soon saw a girl with pink hair rushing through the crowd and ran to Liya who was almost frantic. She breathed heavily, pointing the school doors that were now opening.

I watched someone be pulled out on a stretcher and when my eyes met the familiar brown ones I ran forward, tears already leaking out.

"Rhys!" I shouted, pushing past everyone to get to him. I saw a gauze over his stomach barely white anymore with blood staining through it.

Someone held me back when I was feet away from him but I couldn't even begin to care who. I struggled in the persons grip, my dress becoming wet with tears.

Rhys looked at me sadly as they lifted him into the ambulance, "I love you Victoria." He told me before the doctor lifted the oxygen mask onto his face again.

"I love you Rhys." I cried, my struggle slowing as I watched the ambulance drive away while I bawled.

The persons grip loosened and Wyatt walked around to face me, his own eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

"W-we need to go to the hospital." I told him through my sobs. He nodded wordlessly and I sat down in the car, wiping my eyes. Liya got in nex to me and I took a shallow breath.

He's going to be ok.

He has to be.

While Wyatt drove Liya comforted me, rubbing my back soothingly while telling me it would be ok.

But would it? Would he?

Would anything ever just be ok?

Would any of us ever be able to be happy without something ruining it?

A thought hit me and I pulled away from Liya, taking a few breaths before asking, "What happened?"

Her 'everything will be ok in the end' demeanor faltered and tears gathered in her own eyes before she looked down.

I grabbed her hand making her return her gaze to me before she sighed shakily, "Everyone was in there dorms, doing the usual as always. I was watching a movie with Sydney when there was a scream. We both got up to investigate like the idiots we are and followed it down to the field. There were a few people crowding while someone called an ambulance. Rhys was led down on the pitch, he- someone shot him Vic. No one saw who but who- who would even want to?" She told me, tears spilling down her cheeks and onto our joined hands.

I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same. After a few moments she pulled back and we both wiped our eyes.

Who would even want to kill Rhys-

I looked at Liya and she shook her head frantically, "No, Vince might have a grudge against him for killing Baron but he would never. He was his best friend. " She explained but the expression never left my face.