five

I woke up with a groan as I heard my alarm and reached over to turn it off

I woke up with a groan as I heard my alarm and reached over to turn it off. I checked the time after throwing the covers off me and standing up, 5am.

A smile pulled at my lips but I was quickly reminded of everything. I had secrets to keep and brothers that knew there was another reason they couldn't come and see me.

Checking my phone I saw two messages, one from Liya and the other from Vincent. I wasn't looking forward to seeing him either but I had bigger things to worry about.

After having a shower and dressing into a different hoodie with some ripped jeans I pulled on a coat. I wasted no time in leaving my room, closing the door softly behind me.

Liya came out of her girlfriend's dorm a few doors down and she sent me a nervous smile. I returned it only mine wasn't nervous as we walked side by side down to the main entrance.

"Who was that guy?" She asked, referring to Blaze.

I scoffed,"An asshole." I replied and she nodded with an amused glint in her eyes.

"Ready?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You?" She questioned and I shook my head.

We both grinned and made our way towards her car where Vincent was already stood looking as pissed as ever. His scowl didn't shift as he saw us and immediately started talking absolute shit.

"We should just let him walk back. I don't even like the psycho." He stated angrily and Liya and I looked at eachother before him with an obvious expression.

"Do you have a death wish?" Liya asked while opening the driver seat door. She didn't get in, watching me and Vincent glare at eachother with amusement.

"Don't talk shit Vince. We might not be friends anymore but he was the one that took the fall for you. And I can't believe you're saying that, he was your best friend. The only one able to deal with you and your stupid temper tantrums." I rolled my eyes at him and opened the passenger side door to sit down.

Before I could even move to sit he turned me around with a smug look on his face.

"You'd stick up for him wouldn't you? After all he was the only one who actually cared about you? Your brothers left and that ex you talked about left. Plus, he did fuck you didn't he-" Vincent began as Liya's mouth hung open in shock.

I slapped him.

It felt good too.

I didn't say anything else on the topic as I sat down next to Liya in the car. He got in the back muttering profanities and she started driving.

We didn't even make it to the exit of the school before the back door opened and Rowan sat down, pushing Vincent to the side.

What the fuck?