seventeen

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

I held my wrist with a grimace before looking up at the expressionless boy in front of me. He looked different from Silas with brown hair and green eyes.

Instead of gawking I suggest you explain before he blows up at you.

Ah shit yeah, and I wasn't gawking.

"Sorry, I'm just looking for Silas." I told him and he nodded, extending his hand to help me up.

I took it and he pulled me up with ease. His expression didn't change from neutral and we awkwardly stood there in silence. I didn't know where I was going but if he had the same temper as Silas I didn't want to annoy him.

"Is your wrist ok?" He asked abruptly and I snapped my eyes up to meet his. I looked down at my hoodie sleeve which had ridden up again.

"I-y-"

Is your stupid ass actually stuttering right now?

It's not my fault, he's intimidating.

"Yeah it's fine." I choked out after a minute and he nodded again. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Silas who was walking with a file in his hand.

"Who are you talking to? Don't tell me you've gone crazy, I can't work with that?" He asked seriously and my brows knitted together in confusion.

I turned back around, expecting to see the boy but he was gone.

"I'm not crazy, I promise I was talking to someone but he's... gone now. " I told Silas and he looked utterly confused but something flashed in his eyes and he waved it off.

"I'm joking chill." He told me with a fake laugh and that was even more unbelievable that the fact I could possibly have been talking to a whole ass ghost.

"You can joke? Didn't know that?" I told him with a serious tone and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever ice cream. Follow me, if you're staying you're going to help me with this." He started leading me towards some stairs and I followed him up.

I looked back to where I was previously standing but didn't see the boy I was talking to anywhere.

It was either a ghost, you're high, or it was actually a real person and your presence disgusted them so much they had to escape.

Fuck off.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

I snapped back to my senses when he opened a random door in the middle of the hallway and gestured for me to go in with him. I did and he closed the door behind me, sitting down on the bed in the center of the room.

I sat down next to him and crossed my legs. He flipped through the file before looking at me. He seemed deep in thought before speaking.

"How did you find out Rhys had been shot?" He asked me and I thought back to it.