one

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

Six months earlier...

"What do you mean you're not coming back to New York with us?"

I sighed, glancing down at my feet for a moment before looking back up at at my brothers who all had sad and confused expressions on their faces.

Apart from Damon. He looked angry.

"I just don't want to go back to the place where-" I started but I was cut off.

Damon scoffed in disbelief,"Where you met him and had all your, I'm sure, magical moments." He finished with a shake of his head.

I rolled my eyes at him,"I was going to say where I was kidnapped and beaten but whatever helps you sleep at night Damon."

Wyatt cast a disapproving look at Damon before returning to look at me with a small smile.

"We can talk about this later but for now, how are you liking living in an actual dorm?" He asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

"It's actually really nice, the boarding school isn't that bad. I've made some friends like-" I started to tell him before someone stood in the doorway of my room.

"Like me?" He smirked.

I scowled, standing up and striding over to the door,"No. Go away Vincent." I slammed the door in his face and heard a 'fuck you' from the other side.

I turned back to look at my brothers with a fond smile playing on my lips, "Where were we?" I sat down on the couch again next to Wyatt.

They all stared at the door before me again.

"Who was that?" Reuben asked.

"Vincent." I replied simply and put my feet up on Wyatt's lap. A look of defeat passed over each of their faces but Callan smiled and sat down on the  chair next to me.

"At least you can walk again." He said politely. I nodded, not knowing what else to say on the topic.

There was an awkward silence for another minute before Alexander cleared his throat with a fake smile and walked to the door.

"I guess we should be going, I hope you consider coming back to New York because we can't fly from there to Arizona every week." He stated, frustration underlining his tone. The rest of my brothers nodded sadly.

"Okay."

Present time, six months later.

"When was the last time you saw your  brothers?" Liya asked with a sympathetic expression.

I stared intensely at the trees surrounding the soccer field as we walked around the outline of the pitch.

"The last time I saw Alexander, Reuben, Zane and Adrian was six months ago that time they came. I saw Damon and Callan four months ago and I saw Creed and Wyatt a few weeks ago." I answered her truthfully.

The amused expression on her face showed me that she knew I was about to rant.

"I mean I understand they can't come every week obviously and it does seem rather selfish that I don't go to see them, but where would I get the money from?" I rambled on about the topic of my brothers.

"You know I want to see them but the bakery job isn't enough for a plane ticket and if they really wanted to stay in touch they'd at least call, which none of them but Creed and Wyatt have. Before you say maybe I should call them, I already have, repeatedly but they never answer. So what am I supposed-" I couldn't finish my rant off as Liya frantically tugged at my sleeve with fear in her eyes.

"Victoria watch-" She began just as I turned to see a soccer ball being hurled toward me.

I attempted to move out of the way but I was too late as the ball hit the exact spot Conan stabbed me in last year.

Motherfucker.

Pathetically and definitely not gracefully, I hit the ground with a thud. I groaned in pain as Liya knelt beside me with a shocked expression.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I propped myself up on my elbows, offering a nod to her before scowling at one soccer player in particular. After grabbing the ball and standing up I jumped on it repeatedly until it finally popped.

"You're going to get killed." Liya whispered next to me, waving her arms around frantically.

"Well if I'm going down, so is the stupid ball." I muttered, picking up the useless deflated thing and walking across the pitch.

I tapped on the 6'3 figures shoulder and watched as he turned around. I smiled sweetly, grabbing his hand and placing the ball in it.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" He growled out, gripping the flat ball tightly in his hand.

"What the fuck did you hit me with it for?" I replied sarcastically and he scowled down at me.

"Stupid asshole." I muttered when he didn't answer me and turned back to walk over to Liya who was still waving her arms around.

Before I could get any further a harsh grip on my wrist pulled me back. I winced at the bruising hold but tried not to let it show.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" He seethed, his chest rising heavily from anger.

I tried tugging my wrist away but to no avail it just made him tighten his grip.

"I said you're a stupid asshole because you actually are, now let me go Vincent." I answered, raising my voice.

A look of recognition passed over his face as he looked down at his now white knuckles and he let go immediately.

He turned around without a second word, leaving the field and his friends. I rubbed my wrist and started walking over to Liya.

She looked over my hand with a sigh, "Your brothers are going to have a field day with this one, let's get some ice on it." She said with a small smile.

"That's if I even see them this month at least."