ten

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

Shortly after the Van Doren's left we all started filing out, not saying a word to eachother. My father couldn't get far enough before Alexander held him back with a glare. While we waited in the two cars to go, my oldest brother and father were in a yelling contest.

Two months until we arrive in hell but until then I'm guessing everything can run smoothly.

"So," Wyatt captured all our attention,"Christmas is in a few days, are you inviting anyone Vic?" He asked with a knowing look.

"Isn't it just family?" I trailed off, unsure. Last Christmas it was and I didn't know if anything had changed.

"No, Adrian is spending it with Sofia and her family." He replied and we looked at the car behind us where Adrian was sitting with a bored expression.

I thought about for a while before shrugging,"Maybe, I'll see." I finished just as Alex stepped into the car and instantly started driving us back.

The ride back to school was quiet and it was slowly getting darker but we got there in no time thanks to Alex's angry road rage driving style.

Once we made it there I said my goodbyes and started walking towards the dorms. When I was inside the door automatically locked behind me and I walked up to the second floor.

I opened the door quietly and saw Liya passed out on her bed with a packet of crisps next to her. I shook my head with amusement and stumbled through the dark, the moonlight being my only light source as I didn't want to wake her up. Walking Liya up from her sleep was like trying to start world war three.

Once I picked a random hoodie and shorts up I made my way into the bathroom and switched the light on. I threw my hair up into a ponytail and put the clothes on before exiting the room again.

I put my hand on the bed desperately wanting to lie down and get some sleep but retracted my hand I felt the wet covers.

No one peed in my bed right?

I switched the lamp next to my bed on immediately while Liya stirred in her sleep across the room. When I looked at my bed I almost choked.

The sheets had a small amount of blood on them and Rhys was led down, looking peaceful while he bled out on my bed. Like I always did I started hyperventilating and poked him to wake him up.

He opened his eyes with a yawn and I pointed at the blood. He looked down with a sigh, still looking as if he was on vacation.

"Oh, I forgot about that and I didn't know where else to go." He shrugged and I ran a hand through my hair.

Hesitantly lifting his white shirt up I grimaced at the large gash on his stomach.

"Why didn't you go to the hospital? It's really had Rhys." I sighed and knelt down to pick up the first aid kit my brothers gave me on their first visit a year ago.