twenty five

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

I watched as an unreadable emotion flickered in his eyes before he leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. It wasn't like what I had seen in movies or read in books. It was something entirely different, a feeling that made me feel whole. A promise of realness and passion.

In that moment I forgot about everything other than Asrael. The past I never thought I could escape. The hell that my fake father had put me through. I forgot about the betrayals of my friends and both Blaze and Rhys.

He pulled away after a moment, looking down at me with an emotion that I could read this time. One that I was sure he could see in my eyes as well.

"Gosh, I'm tearing up."

Wait a minute-

I turned around just as Asrael lifted his head and looked at my brothers, Rowan, Nikolai, Alessia and some of her cousins and brothers.

Why are we always interrupted?

Rowan wiped his eyes and pulled Damon into a hug. Damon obviously pushed him away without a moment of hesitation and he turned to Wyatt who latched onto him with the same expression.

"She's grown up so fast. Anytime now and she'll be moving out and having babies." Wyatt cried, immediately getting a slap from all of my brothers.

"There will be no babies, at least not until 25." Alex nodded firmly to everyone. Damon looked like he was about to blow, and did.

"25? I think the fuck not. There's already been enough intercourse, there will definitely be no- ugh." He shuddered at the thought, receiving a smack off both Nikolai and Alessia who looked at him dissaprovingly.

"We should call it...Giovanni or Gianna if it's a girl." Rowan pulled everyone into a circle and I looked up at Asrael unsurely.

Maybe we should admit them to a psych ward. Yes, that sounds good.

"Should we go?" I asked and Asrael looked at the group who were arguing before nodding with a small smile.

After they stopped arguing, they met us in the kitchen. We were currently helping Isabela with dinner as Antonio was working a job.

"So...we actually had a reason to see you." Zane rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yeah." I continued and everyone shuffled over a bit before someone I hadn't seen in a while walked into the kitchen.

I stared in disbelief before a bright smile pulled at my lips and I ran over to him.

"Thackery." I almost shouted, running into him while he caught me with ease, spinning me around with a bright smile of his own.

"Sup Tori. I've missed you." He let me down and I laughed.

"I've missed you too, why didn't you visit?" I asked him and he sighed softly.

"I had to deal with some idiot cousins of mine, also, the others asked me to look into that motherfucker known as Blaze." He told me and I nodded in understanding before he pulled me into another hug.

I let go and turned to look at Asrael who looked confused and...jealous. Where did that come from?

"Oh, this is my stepbrother, Thackery." I told him and his eyes lightened as he put a dish in the cupboard.

"Thackery this is Asrael, my...im not sure." I said to him honestly and he nodded, eyes narrowing at him before finally smiling again.

"I'm gonna have to head off now but I wanted to see you. Also, I'll be at the gala where we're going to kick some mafia boss ass." He winked and I chuckled while saying goodbye.

Dinner was ready soon after my brother left and everyone gathered around the table, taking their seats. We engaged in the normal conversations and everyone almost fainted when Asrael was more open.

There was only a week and two days left until the gala and I could only hope everything would go according to plan. Blaze wouldn't get out of the estate alive, not after killing Vincent.

I felt happy, truly. Nothing could take that from me, not after everything I'd gone through to feel that way again.

That night I stayed in Asraels room, despite my brothers protests. Wyatt was all for it, giving me the talk, although, it was more 'go for it sister, being careful is for boring people' than 'you should always be careful'.

After that, the next few days of training went well. I was learning more and more, even managing to beat Wyatt. There was also times when Damon would train me because Asrael would get distracted with kissing me.

Needless to say I enjoyed seeing Damon's reactions and being with Asrael was more than perfect. We hadn't defined our relationship, existent or not.

All I knew was that I was living in the moment and I wouldn't take any thing back.

We were sitting on couch, Asraels head in my lap while we watched a film until he finally spoke, a smile gracing his face.

"I want to take you on a date." He told me firmly and my lips parted in shock.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded, sitting up and moving us so I was now sitting on his lap.

"Yeah, go get dressed." He smiled and I returned it.

"Wait- right now-"

"No time like the present."

This is going to be amazing. I wonder where he's taking me. If Damon finds out he'll most likely blow a fuse. But that's for later-

Wait- what do I wear?

Sorry for the late update guys, my online lessons and work has been taking up most of my time!

I'm not sure how many chapters are left for this book but I've already started working on the third book!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and are having a good day/night! ♡