twenty six

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

I sat on my bed while my newly appointed stylist scanned the outfits in my closet. Alessia told me she wanted to be a fashion designer when she was older so I knew exactly who I had to go to. Her eyes were narrowed in concentration before she smiled brightly and pulled out a blue dress with thin straps.

She handed it to me with a thumbs up, "You'll look amazing, the blue compliments your tone."

I wrapped my arms around her in a hug and she returned it before pulling away and grinning.

"Tori and Rael, sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Alessia sung happily, leaving the room before I could lunge.

I looked at the dress again and smiled before heading into the bathroom to put it on. I nodded in approval, seeing how I looked in the mirror and sprayed some perfume before heading down to the foyer.

The front door opened just as I was approaching it and Silas walked in, his phone pressed to his ear while he talked to someone. He briefly glanced at me before pausing his conversation.

"Hey, I'll call you back later." He told the person before hanging up and tucking his phone back into his pocket.

"What did you have to do to get your brothers to let you wear that out?" He asked. I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled at him.

"They don't know. I'm going on a date with Asrael. Also, your sister will be an amazing fashion designer." I told him and his eyes widened for a brief moment.

"Of course it was Alessia's choice. Have fun on your date before they catch you and force you to go out in sweats." He said, returning my smile and giving me a side hug before heading to find his parents.

I took a deep breath before opening the door, seeing Asrael standing beside his car. When he noticed me, his lips parted before he cleared his throat and gave me a small smile. He was dressed in a leather jacket, white shirt and ripped jeans. I'd be lying if I said I didn't stare longer than I needed to.

I moved my eyes to meet his as he opened the passenger seat door for me. After stepping in he walked around to his side and got in, starting the car.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, looking out of the window at the dark sky filled by stars.

He glanced at me when I turned to him, another smile playing on his lips while he just stayed quiet.

I officially hate surprises.

Anticipation and excitement was building up in me as we took differet turns. I realized that I knew the area we were driving in and I smiled. He took another turn and the bowling center stood in front of us.

I'd never been bowling before so I happily took off my seatbelt and stepped out of the car before Asrael even had a chance to open the door for me. He shook his head in amusement as I rushed through the doors.