sixteen

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

I stared out of the window in silence. My eyes were read and my breaths were still shallow. But I couldn't cry more, it seemed the past three days had completely took everything out of me.

I just felt numb for a while. I didn't know what would be better, feeling everything or feeling nothing.

Silas parked the car at my house and looked at me seriously.

"Victoria, don't do anything stupid. I know you're sad but don't blame yourself because it wasn't your fault. Be careful." He told me and I nodded automatically. He sighed with relief I thought and then I stepped out of the car.

I was trapped in my own mind as I did everything on instinct. After shutting the door I made my way to the stairs only to be stopped by Damon who looked at me worriedly.

"What happened? Did Silas do something? I'll run him over I promise." I let out a small laugh at his words but shook my head.

"Blaze killed Vincent." I told him without thinking and his eyes widened.

"What? What happened?" He asked, searching for any emotion in my eyes.

"Turns out Silas' family have access to basically ever camera the mafia families use. Fun right? Anyway he showed me one of Blaze's. Vincent protected Rhys. I thought he was the one that shot him, but guess what, he was already dead." I told him, my tone getting angrier by the second.

He opened his mouth before closing it with his brows knitted together. I walked around him and up to my room without another word and did what I did best, over think.

It was possible Blaze found out that it was Rhys I was with. But at the same time not, as Vincent protected his best friend with his life. Even if it wasn't Blaze who shot Rhys he would still pay for killing Vince.

A tear slipped out of my eye as some memories resurfaced but I wiped it away furiously and walking into my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, searching for anything other than anger and sadness in my brown orbs, but I found nothing.

Blaze took someone I loved away from me, how long until he went after one of my brothers? I couldn't let that happen, I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't do something stupid like Silas warned.

I sighed and had a shower, the boiling water making me feel somewhat better. After turning it off I dried my hair and put some shorts and a shirt on.

There was a knock on the door before someone popped their head in, "Vic, are you coming down for lunch?" Zane asked me. I nodded and followed him downstairs.

Once I was seated in my chair, Adrian snapped his eyes to mine with a harsh glare. I glared back at him, not in the mood. Why was he even angry with me anyway when it was his wife that cheated.