Ch. 21

San POV ~

I stood there shocked as my brain was trying to process what Yunho had just told me, how Wooyoung had broken down and it was because of me. I thought that he wouldn't care, it pained me thinking about how much I hurt him, even though I never meant to. If I could turn back time, maybe I would've been the one he came running to late at night instead of Yunho. Maybe he would've actually never felt the need to come, because he wouldn't be broken if I didn't do what I did, ignoring and rejecting him. I was scared of rejection all this time, but I didn't realize that I was the one rejecting him, not the other way around.

"I've talked to Mingi about it already, so I'm sorry San, but I can't and won't take part in this deal anymore, because It's hurting all of us. I can't stand watching my friends get hurt, and continue on pretending like I know nothing and that everything is fine" Yunho said firmly.

"Me as well, San. I won't do this anymore, and it was a shitty thing to do. But, I'm not saying I wasn't wrong either, it was equally all our faults. I went along with this plan and didn't think about how Yunho and Wooyoung felt. I'll take responsibility for what I caused, and you need to too, San" Mingi said softly, but with a firm tone.

"I-I understand, I didn't know I was hurting him all this time . . ." I whispered, barely hearing myself.

"Well now you do, and you have to do something to fix this mess. I was in the wrong too, so I'll help, but I won't explain anything for you, because you have to be the one to do that, be honest San, with yourself and Wooyoung" Mingi said as he let go of my shoulder, only now did I process the pain due to him gripping so hard.

"Okay, I'll . . . I'll tell him soon" I muttered wincing slightly.

"No San, you've been saying that for how many years? And you still haven't confessed, it's only going to hurt both of you even more the longer you wait" Mingi said knowingly, since he was the first one who knew that I thought of Wooyoung more than a friend.

"You're right, Mingi. I'll tell him before this is over, in the next three days" I said, sounding more like I was convincing myself.

"You got this, San. Don't be afraid, I'm absolutely sure that both of you feel the same way, so don't worry too much, okay?" Yunho said reassuringly, but the swirling emotions continued to crash against each other like waves. I looked at the lake, like a representation of my emotions, the moonlight shining on the surface making it a shiny silver, like my uncertainties, rippling against each other, crashing around without a direction.

"Thank you, both of you" I said nervously, but grateful.

"We're always here for you, San. We should probably go back now, don't want the others waking up and not finding us. They'll think bears came and ravaged us" Mingi joked, bad one, but making me laugh for the first time the entire day.

Crunch

We all turned to the direction of the sound, looked at each other, then slowly moved towards the source. Before we could do anything, it dropped straight to the ground right, like a corpse.

Oh no. I looked at Yunho and Mingi with wide eyes, both of them wearing the same expression as me. We looked at each other, then looked back at the person currently laying on the ground, wrapped up in blankets, curled in a ball.

It was Wooyoung.

~

Double update :0